Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CueTools 2.2.1 and HDCD - error (Read 836 times) previous topic - next topic

CueTools 2.2.1 and HDCD - error

seems there is a bug in the HDCD decoding for 2.2.1  (i have tried the few HDCDs i have.)

converting tracks to image with HDCD convert enabled give error text in the bottom window:

.\The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin.cue: samples written differs from the expected sample count.

converting tracks to tracks with HDCD covert enabled give an error popop:

Error
Exception: samples written differs from the expected sample count

this seems to work fine (i assume it works, but it does not error) in 2.1.9 which i had handy; i get 24 bit/44.1kHz files as expected.  (i do think it should not convert the non-hdcd tracks if the album is mixed but thats another topic).

thanks

Re: CueTools 2.2.1 and HDCD - error

Reply #1
Hi,

thanks for your report. Please make sure, that none of the dlls is blocked. Especially:
CUETools_2.2.1\plugins\x64\hdcd.dll
or
CUETools_2.2.1\plugins\win32\hdcd.dll

See also:
http://cue.tools/wiki/CUETools_Download#Known_Issues_When_Unpacking_the_Archive

If hdcd.dll is missing or blocked, the attached error occurs.