Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Equalizer Presets (Read 355749 times) previous topic - next topic

Equalizer Presets

i need some presets for Foobar Equalizer , cuz i cant make it with myself , i need some like Vocal , Metal , Live . and this stuff.

thanx in foreward.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #2
thanx alot man

But isnt there a Vocal Preset? 

Equalizer Presets

Reply #3
dont anyone know where to find more presets??

Equalizer Presets

Reply #4
i dont think there are any presets for foobar2000. i think most people just copy the presets from winamp into foobar2000 and save them.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #5
http://sjeng.org/ftp/fb2k/eq_presets.zip
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=267123"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thank you.  I had no idea there were presets for the EQ.  This is great.  Are there other sources for presets for the EQ?

Thanks again!

Equalizer Presets

Reply #6
Is it possible to define a certain EQ preset for each album in the collection? How?

Could it be implemented in the playlist file, or a cue file? Some string in there, which tells the foobar what preset to use during the playback.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #7
Is it possible to define a certain EQ preset for each album in the collection? How?

Could it be implemented in the playlist file, or a cue file? Some string in there, which tells the foobar what preset to use during the playback.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=350330"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

no such function available and most *(very) likely it won't get implemented if it means change on EQ/foobar side.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #8
no such function available and most *(very) likely it won't get implemented if it means change on EQ/foobar side.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=350342"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Why?

Is there a similar function for any other player? I have some live recordings, which I would like to listen with a certain EQ setting (some need more bass, some need 16kHz tone filter, etc), but I don't want to remaster the file itself - I like to keep only the original files of the recordings. An automatic selection of a certain EQ setting when I add the files/album to the playlist would be a perfect solution for me.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #9
QUOTE(abbrvalg @ Dec 15 2005, 11:03 AM)

Well, actually i've seen that kind of system in iZotope Ozone plugin for winamp. It has an option of defining its own certain presets to a any particular song in your db.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #10
DEATH you could make a component that does that

so, someone with enough skills/interest go ahead

edit: DEATH = foobar2000 developer

Equalizer Presets

Reply #11

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=350330"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

iTunes allows you to change EQ presets for each individual track.  Granted, it only allows you to select from the preset EQ configurations that iTunes uses, but it is still allowed for each individual track.  I would assume this means that there is tagging being used, so someone with more intelligence than I should be able to write something for Foobar to that is either similar or reads the iTunes setting.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #12
Anyone have a preset that is close to WinAmp's "Techno" preset?

Equalizer Presets

Reply #13
Wow, I'm a little dissapointed that there aren't more presets available.  Not even a rock preset.  What a bummer.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #14
Roll your own?

Besides, equalization is only really useful to compensate for the deficiencies of your hifi setup or imperfections in the source material.

If you think that you actually need a certain eq preset to enjoy a given type of music, well... *sigh*.
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #15
...ts ts ts, I really don't need stuff like that, but had fun to do pseudo-creative stuff...  ..don't know if it's fine.

Range : -12dB up to 12dB, like Winamp

Maybe transporting to +20dB - 12dB is also usefull.. 

..or you count the number of eq-positions in winamp (count the marks/ticks), convert the hex from eq-file to dec , and adapt those to foo    maybe it's working

..and maybe I'm tired of boring things - good night ladies..

Equalizer Presets

Reply #17
ok surely it would'nt be possible to add a tag to each song eith an eq name that you wanted to use. this could even be implemeted like the last played type plugin

so if you have a eq tag for your songs then you could have somewhere that on play the eq is set to what is in the mp3 and adjusts the eq, i am sure that you wouldnt need to alter eq or foobar dev wise to get this to work

surely there must be a function or a call someone could use to set the eq

the problem also lies that you would need a standard set of eq's

just some thoughts by someone who can not program...

Equalizer Presets

Reply #18
Hi all, i'm new to this and here is my age 40+ hearing loss compensation equalizer preset for the foobar 2000.

(wait some seconds till the download link appears)
http://files-upload.com/files/453429/40+ hearing loss compensation.feq

It is made after a hearing test audiogram to adjust the common loss of hearing ability from aging (and 30 years  listening to highly amplified music   
Spend your money on good loudspeakers and headhpones and try to listen the music "flat" (no EQ), it is how the musicians and producers want to sound and it keeps you at the same time from the vitiation of your hearing habits.

With greetings from Switzerland

hearbar

Equalizer Presets

Reply #19
 Link expired..... Help Me Please !

Equalizer Presets

Reply #21
 Thank's I've got it , but the preset of Hearbar was excellent    Anyone can help me ? 

Equalizer Presets

Reply #22
i don't like using the equalizer any more. i prefer to listen to the music as it is was intended.
but anyway, for you guys/girls who like using them:

i uploaded some presets for Foobar2000, that i collected/combined from 3 different sources.
download link

have fun

edit: link was broken, fixed it

Equalizer Presets

Reply #23
Who needs an equalizer when you have the convolver? (thanks to ssamadh97)

Try the impulses at the echochamber site.

In particular the impulses contained in the oxfiat-eq.zip file

Edit to add: Be careful with some of the bass impulses...try them with volume turned down to avoid any damage to speakers/headphones etc.

Equalizer Presets

Reply #24
i've converted cool edit pro eq presets to f2k format.

if somebody likes them here they are:

Rapidshare