Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Stereo Tool VST doesnt work in Audacity for the first 3 seconds (Read 869 times) previous topic - next topic

Stereo Tool VST doesnt work in Audacity for the first 3 seconds

Whenever I do something with the Stereo Tool VST and want to apply the effect on my audio, the first 2-3 seconds of the audio stream data are ignored and only after that it starts to apply a effect. I already tried the latency and silence setting inside Audacity for but it makes no difference. I also tried to change some latency and other VST compatibility settings inside the VST itself to no avail.

Any idea? Is this a known issue with Audacity and VSTs?

Oh, and trying to simply put 3 seconds of silence in front of the audio does not work. ^^

Re: Stereo Tool VST doesnt work in Audacity for the first 3 seconds

Reply #1
Audacity has a forum.

Any idea? Is this a known issue with Audacity and VSTs?
I don't know, but not all VSTs support Audacity.    Compatibility is up to the plug-in developer, not the host developer.     For most commercial plug-ins there is a list of officially supported DAWs/hosts.   Audacity is rarely officially supported, but sometimes it works anyway.  (If you go to the Auto-Tune website you won't see Audacity on the list, and I'm pretty sure it doesn't work.)

With free VSTs it's usually just hit-or-miss.  They usually don't have the budget to test & debug on "everything" or to keep-up every time the host gets an upgrade, etc.

Re: Stereo Tool VST doesnt work in Audacity for the first 3 seconds

Reply #2
I use the CLI version of stereo tool often. Some of the processing you can do needs a few seconds of audio to 'kick-in'. My work-around is to copy the first three seconds of audio then remove it after processing.
Processed audio in java and python.