Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Uploading Foobar2000 CSV files to Libib or Librarika? (Read 548 times) previous topic - next topic

Uploading Foobar2000 CSV files to Libib or Librarika?

I'm wondering if anyone here has had success uploading the text output to CSV within Foobar2000 to a cloud-based database app like Libib or Librarika.
Libib and Librarika are two online utilities for documenting and tracking book collections. Up to a certain volume of books, magazines, journals, etc.., the services are free. Libib.com has an option to include collections other than books like movies, music, and videogames. The have a CSV template to expedite uploading collections (rather than adding items individually), but their CSV format doesn't make much sense for a music collect. For example, these are the headings for each column:
title | creators | description | upc_isbn10 | ean_isbn13 | number_of_discs | tags | notes | group | price | added | publisher | publish_date | length_of | copies | call_number | ddc | lcc | rating | review | review_created | status | began_date | completed_date

I've included their "libib_music_import_template.csv" template and included the link here.

Here's an example of one album added via its UPC code - see screen capture image.

The hope here is to have a readily accessible inventory of music, and from there perhaps leverage the other tools Libib offers. Librarika has a similar utility, but I've not explored it in any detail.

The Text Tools preferences could be set up to match the fields being requested by Libib, but many of those either don't exist or don't apply, e.g.: UPC, call_number, ddc, lcc, or rating. Libib also misses data like bit rate, genre, sample rate, and so on.

Is this trying to fit a square peg into a round hole? Is there some other way to get the same result - a cloud-based inventory of the music saved locally by Foobar2000?

Thanks in advance.
dj