Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC Rips Self-Delete (Read 1801 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC Rips Self-Delete

I have been a long-time user of EAC to compress to FLAC, and I recently installed version 1.3. I've configured drive and compression options. My ripped files seem to be self-deleting.

To test this, when ripping a disc to FLAC, I keep Windows Explorer open. I see the WAV file being created as the file is read, then the compression is applied successfully (I see a completed track name and file size after the tmp file disappears), and after the disc moves on to the next file, the first track is deleted. To troubleshoot, I tried just ripping the disc to WAV format, and the same thing happened - the file self-deleted. Yet... the log indicates that the rip completed successfully.

Additional troubleshooting: if I only rip one or two tracks from the disc, they remain saved (works fine either uncompressed WAV or compressed FLAC). This self-deleting file issue only appears to be occurring when I rip an entire disc.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this? I'm scratching my head!

Win 10/x64 system

Re: EAC Rips Self-Delete

Reply #1
That was a new 1 to me. :O

Using Win10 on 2 machines with EAC and i don't have any issues at all.

Re: EAC Rips Self-Delete

Reply #2
There's a delete wav after compression checkbox, but eac itself shouldn't be deleting anything else.

The external flac encoder has 2 delete options (i think)
--delete-input-file which would do the same as EAC (but this one might better in comparison)
--verify (this is my, i think) I believe if it detects any error, it will delete the output file afterwards and give out an error.

Other than that I don't know what else would cause deletes,
And your "additional troubleshooting" makes it more puzzling...
Full Disk? Bad Disk, or Disk soon to go bad?

I guess running a chkdsk on that hard drive might not be a bad idea.