Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero on Linux (Read 18854 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero on Linux

Great!   Now we just need an open source HE-AAC ENCODER
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281455"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Nah we got Nero for that.. i mean who seriously hasnt got Nero and owns a burner?

Nero on Linux

Reply #1

Nah we got Nero for that.. i mean who seriously hasnt got Nero and owns a burner?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281460"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Linux users 
An eye for eye will make the whole world blind

Nero on Linux

Reply #2
Linux users 
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok then, especially for you:

[a href="http://www.nero.com/en/NeroLINUX.html]http://www.nero.com/en/NeroLINUX.html[/url]

Nero on Linux

Reply #3
Hmm when they say full version i assume they mean not OEM ? And do the linux users get the cool features like the aac encoder?

Nero on Linux

Reply #4
Hmm when they say full version i assume they mean not OEM ?

Read the page, it's answered explicitly...

And do the linux users get the cool features like the aac encoder?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281468"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmm, they will, but I'm not sure it is already in the first release.

Nero on Linux

Reply #5
I only really skimmed it because i dont atucally use Linux, but my friend does and he has the OEM version of Nero.

But anyway, thanks for the link.

Nero on Linux

Reply #6

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281460"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Mac OS X users...

Nero on Linux

Reply #7
This is getting interesting. I just downloaded Nero's Linux version and started to think about the pda media player too but it appears that I can't access the download page without re-registering.

Nero on Linux

Reply #8
I tried it with my serial and it seems you can just download everything from the same page?

Nero on Linux

Reply #9
Linux users 
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Ok then, especially for you:

[a href="http://www.nero.com/en/NeroLINUX.html]http://www.nero.com/en/NeroLINUX.html[/url]
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Well I don't have a Windows box hence no Nero license. A trial/demo version would be good. Also the gui looks like written in Motif(ugh). I suggest Nero to look at [a href="http://www.trolltech.com]Qt[/url] instead

Btw thanks for great news

Nero on Linux

Reply #10
Also the gui looks like written in Motif(ugh). I suggest Nero to look at Qt instead

I'm fairly sure it's GTK, you know, the thing that the 50% of the Linux software that doens't use Qt is using.

Nero on Linux

Reply #11
Also the gui looks like written in Motif(ugh). I suggest Nero to look at Qt instead

I'm fairly sure it's GTK, as in, you know, GNOME.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281502"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Better than Motif monster

Nero on Linux

Reply #12

I'm fairly sure it's GTK, you know, the thing that the 50% of the Linux software that doens't use Qt is using.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281502"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes it's GTK, but they have used old GTK 1.2.x instead of 2.x

Nero on Linux

Reply #13
That prolly has something to do with the need to support a lot of (also older) platforms...

Nero on Linux

Reply #14
That prolly has something to do with the need to support a lot of (also older) platforms...
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281506"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I don't mean to be a troll but Qt runs on Linux/Windows/Mac/Solaris/*BSD with small modifications. Wouldn't it be better to use Qt instead? Or license costs of Qt was a problem?

Nero on Linux

Reply #16
I tried it with my serial and it seems you can just download everything from the same page?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=281489"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes. It was on the same page but I can't access that page anymore without registering again.

Nero on Linux

Reply #18
Nero looks very similar toGnometoaster:-)

Ahead seems to be used to hire developpers of already existing products, so here is a pure speculation:
perhaps it is perfectly normal that it looks similar

Nero on Linux

Reply #19
HelloGarf, 

Apparently this version Nero Linux, don't include Nero Recode. 
Is this normal or not.

Nero on Linux

Reply #20
That's very, very cool. Nero is one of the few apps that I really regret not having access to. While K3B and Gnometoaster are cool, Nero is pretty much the gold standard burning program.

If they port all the bits (Nero AAC, recode, etc) it will be amazing.

Nero on Linux

Reply #21
I hope it's a frontend to the ultra stable cdrecord, heh.

Nero on Linux

Reply #22
It uses the same burning API as the normal Nero, so it have the same drives support.

Nero on Linux

Reply #23
It uses the same burning API as the normal Nero, so it have the same drives support.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=285374"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I've read, and in personal testing, the Nero for Linux isn't all that great compared to K3B. Burning isn't any better, and the software is much more difficult to use. What would be great is if they start putting all the neat extras that windows users get.

and have a choice between GTK1 and GTK2.
IndieRockSteve

Nero on Linux

Reply #24
here's hoping that nero aac is finally available in a binary!

i'd pay for that for sure

maybe not nerolinux tho - it needs to catch up to k3b in features first.

i'm not an OSS slave; i'd whore myself for quality.
later

[ edit: i checked out the nerolinux support forum and it appears that nerolinux isn't ready for real usage yet... ]