Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Does anyone still use LastFM? (Read 2297 times) previous topic - next topic

Does anyone still use LastFM?

Does anyone still use LastFM?

I used to use it religiously, from about 2008 I think. However I havn't used it in recent years, I had a go 2 years back but gave up due to unreliable scrobblers and a lack of clarity as to whether the service was here to stay or not.

Am I the only one that keeps thinking about it with fond memories but just keeps thinking.... 'Whats the point now?'
Life-long Music Collection: 747GB / 25,646 Tracks & COUNTING! - 99% Lossless FLAC

Re: Does anyone still use LastFM?

Reply #1
Yep, everything is still setup to scrobble on everything for me :) I don't listen to as much music as I used to though. Always used to find it useful for gigs and stuff but not so much these days.

Reply #2
Yep, everything is still setup to scrobble on everything for me :) I don't listen to as much music as I used to though. Always used to find it useful for gigs and stuff but not so much these days.

Funnily enough I am just setting up my players to scrobble as we speak. I lost my old original account so am starting with a fairly new one from last year.
Life-long Music Collection: 747GB / 25,646 Tracks & COUNTING! - 99% Lossless FLAC

Reply #3
I still scrobble because I haven't been bothered to remove the plugin, and, surprisingly, it hasn't stopped working. Maybe it will populate some lists with unique titles that I have. The site became too slow to browse for me.

Reply #4
I just recently started to scrobble again. No idea why though.

Reply #5
It looks like lastFM is trying to catch ahold again, but I don’t know how serious they are about it though. It used to be a fantastic service for finding recommendations.