Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tag Bug? (Read 821 times) previous topic - next topic

Tag Bug?

I have Two installations of foobar2000. One is on a fixed hard drive C: as a standard installation. The other is on a portable hard drive N: as a portable installation for backup. They both have the same but separate music libraries installed on the respective drives. The original library was created with dbpoweramp ref 14.1 with neroaac encoder as .m4a files with iTunes tags. The operating system is Win 7 Home Premium. If I make a metadata (tag) change with the C: installation editor to the C: library and then read the change with the the C: Installation all is well. If I make a change to the N: library with the N: Installation and then read it with the N: Installation all is well. However, if I read the C: library change with the N: Installation or read the N: library change with the C: installation most of the tags on the changed music file are gone. This problem showed up because I make tag changes to the C: Library and then copy them over to the N: drive as backup. If I then read the newly backed up C: library on the N: drive the tags to the changed music file disappear. If I read the new C: to N: library with the C: Installation all is well. If I make the same changes with Tag Scanner 5.1 or iTunes all is well. This happens with Foobar 1.1.6 and 1.1.7 betas.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021