Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I rip mp3 from avi? (Read 14109 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I rip mp3 from avi?

I am using River Past Audio Converter Pro and I followed the guide on their website, but the highest quality audio I am able to obtain is 56k.

I saw a post on this forum or perhaps another about needing lame_enc.dll and a few places had this available to download. I downloaded it and selected it in RPACPro as instructed yet still no improvements. I suspect the .dlls I obtained were pre- 3.90 versions. It is said that you need 3.90+ to get more than 56k when converting the audio stream of an avi file to mp3 with RPACPro.

Please tell me where I can get an updated version of this codec or direct me to another program that will do this for me. I suspect that VLC Media Player could do this, but I couldn't figure out which encapsulation method to use and I even used trial and error on over half of them before giving up.

By the way the audio stream in my avi file is 128k so that's not the problem.

Please help I want an mp3 of Prine's halftime show and a purely audio version of my Korn in concert DVD that I ripped to .avi.

Edit: Sorry for the double post, I didn't realize you had moved my first post to another section. It seems this resets the notification process, might want to see if that's a bug in the forum code.

Reply #2
You might want to try mplayer with the following command line:

mplayer infile.avi -vo null -dumpaudio -dumpfile outfile.mp3

Reply #4
Tried YAWB and it seemed buggy, couldn't get it to work. VirtualDubMod was a cinch all I had to do was name a new file for the audio.

Reply #5
hello, I'm also looking for a software that will extract mp3 from avi files but I need to do it as a batch.

Reply #7
May I suggest that you go back to the original Korn DVD and rip the audio from that?
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

Reply #8
You might want to try mplayer with the following command line:

mplayer infile.avi -vo null -dumpaudio -dumpfile outfile.mp3

I was trying to figure this out just now.  Thanks!
地獄