Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What Type Of Music Do You Like (Read 4251 times) previous topic - next topic

What Type Of Music Do You Like

I think we all have 1 thing in common.  We want the highest quality audio at the lower possible file size.  Am I write?

But!

Do we all have similar tastes in music?  I’m interested to know what type of music you guys like.

Reply #1
Anything!!!! Except stuff that hurts your ears!
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Reply #2
hmmz 
I like jazzanova, nujazz most I think.
otherwise I listen to stuff with the following combination, (give or take:))
trip-hop+hip-hop+jazz+blues+electronica+latinamerican(samba,salsa etc.)+folk+downbeat+lo-fi+upbeat+dirtbeat+breakbeat+turntablism+dub+house+jungle+opera...
all combined....more or less...
yeah.... errr...... that's about it
I like stuff that I find musically challenging...
crazy combos of genres B)

Reply #3
Usually older stuff.
60's 70's stuff mostly...
John Lennon was a special place.
Much Pink Floyd lately.

Folk music can be quite amusing also...mixed with the right portion of alchohol.

Also the comedy-like bands that there are a lot of currectly (in Denmark atleast) are quite good and extremly funny.

edit: it happens I listen to classical stuff too... Grieg is one of my favourites.

Reply #4
I like Hard Rock and Metal (nearly all kinds but definitly no Nu Metal  ) but also Pink Floyd and Led Zepplin

Reply #5
pretty much anything except country and classical (occasionally classical)

I especially have a liking for industrial/EBM/electro/goth, hip hop/rap, and drum n bass.

Reply #6
Music sucks!

(j/k) 

Reply #7
Hmm...I hate music genres, but what the heck... 

shoegaze, dream-pop, apocalyptic folk, neo-romantic, gothic, rock, alternative country, jazz, ethnic, blues, post-rock, classic, contemporary, spoken word, electronica, avant garde, folk, new age (but not Yanni stuff  ), ambient, darkwave, baroque, greagorian chants, progressive rock, new wave, folk/traditional, lo-fi, chamber pop, downbeat, trip-hop, kraut-rock, noise, fusion, funk and a few others 

I think I should expand my musical boundaries even more...

Reply #8
Jungle, Drum'n'Bass, Techno, sometimes Industrial, Electro, House, Breakbeat, Trance...

Reply #9
[...] noise, [...]

Wtf?

Reply #10
[...] noise, [...]

Wtf?

Yes, it is an actual genre of "music"

Reply #11
I like lots of classic rock, jazz, and blues.

I dislike most metal and almost all rap.

Starting to get a little long in the tooth I guess.

Reply #12
I like music to be immersed in, eyes shut.

Especially in the german electronic spirit.

I don't like Jazz.

Reply #13
Anything!!!! Except stuff that hurts your ears!

I prefer:

Anything!!!! Specially stuff that hurts your ears!

Reply #14
one phrase to cover everything:

"six degrees of the yardbirds"

that about sums it up...

Reply #15
Mostly classical and classic rock, but really anything execpt country.  There's just something about people singing with twangy, nasal voices that seems unmelodic.

Reply #16
I like jazzanova, nujazz most I think.
otherwise I listen to stuff with the following combination, (give or take:))
trip-hop+hip-hop+jazz+blues+electronica+latinamerican(samba,salsa etc.)+folk+downbeat+lo-fi+upbeat+dirtbeat+breakbeat+turntablism+dub+house+jungle+opera...
all combined....more or less...

My music liking is pretty much on same lines... i listen all kinds of music but mostly various electronic & dancemusic and related stuff.

There are some main musicstyles which i like a lot:

Jazz-, Soul-, Techno- & Deephouse

I just loooooove smooth, soulful & groovy housemusic!

Jazzy/Funky Drum'n'Bass

I don't care much for most of the drum'n'bass, but i find it generally very exciting music with its hard and crazy rhythms & beats.

Downbeat/Trip-hop/Turntablism/Instrumental Hip-Hop

Some of the stuff i really like, some is nice to listen to and some is just interesting. I really like all stuff by G-Stone like Tosca and Kruder & Dorfmeister and some stuff from Ninja Tune.

This "Nujazz" is interesting, althought i think 90% of it is crap which is trying to copy St. Germain. But some artists like Jazzanova, 4 Hero, Nathan Haines and St. Germain are great. I recommed all stuff by Compost Records.

Year ago i got really into classic black music (Jazz, Blues, Soul, Funk, Disco) when i saw fantastic Japanese anime Cowboy Bebop which has great jazzy and bluesy soundtrack and it is inspirated by black music and popular culture in general. And at the same time televison showed interesting documentary series about history of jazz. I was before a little bit interested on them but those two really got me into them. From there it led me to Latin American music like Bossa Nova, Salsa, etc.

Lately i've been interested in classic Grunge and "alternative" rock.

Reply #17
Agree 100 percent to Kims reply above. Although there are a few key artists in the jazz/house genre (except from St Germain) that are easily forgotten: Bugge Wesseltoft, Nils-Petter Molvaer (both Norwegian) and Llorca (France). The one I'm currently listening to is Beady Belle, an awesome combination of jazz/r&b/d&b. For being a Swede, I'm listening to quite much Norwegian music
And in the dream-house genre: BT.
To get the perfect blend, I listen to 60-70s rock, mostly Pink Floyd & Led Zeppelin.