Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Last version (0.78) of my Nero AAC frontend (Read 5758 times) previous topic - next topic

Last version (0.78) of my Nero AAC frontend

Released new version of my command line frontend (aacenc32.exe only, 85Kb) for Ahead AAC Encdoer.

History of versions:

0.76:
* kill zero samples options (-zs key). Killing zero samples at the begin and the end of the source file;
* convert to mono. –mono [param] key, #param may be «mix» (default), «left», «right» or number of channel from the data will be getting.

0.77:
* tagger added (-artist <value>, -album <value> and etc keys).

* fixed some small bugs;
* added FIR pre-filtering of signal. Default active if lowpass filter present. Warning, this is experimental options, to disable it use –nofir key. The –fir <taps> key set the taps count, default 128.

Reply #1
Thanks. I just uploaded it to RareWares (without aacenc32.dll)

Reply #2
Is it legal to use the bundled dlls if I do not purchase any Nero software?

Reply #3
AFAIK the dlls don't work unless they detect that you've registered Nero, regardless of how legal it is.

Reply #4
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260876"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thnak you too, but can you add my copyright to description of program on your site: "by Logger" of "by LoggerSoft"?

Reply #5
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260876"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thnak you too, but can you add my copyright to description of program on your site: "by Logger" of "by LoggerSoft"?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261478"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just a suggestion, how about a help file? If i try "aacenc32 -help |more" or "aacenc32 -help >> help.txt" i just get a blank output, and theres more then one page.

Reply #6
Just curious, is it legal to upgrade the aacenc32.dll to a newer one only?

I have got a copy of OEM nero with my new CD-RW, and just want to upgrade the aac encoder in it. This nero version is 2.9 for aac encoding.

Reply #7
Just a suggestion, how about a help file? If i try "aacenc32 -help |more" or "aacenc32 -help >> help.txt" i just get a blank output, and theres more then one page.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261572"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In program I use standard WinAPI32 function (WriteConsole) to output help text.  Now I can't tell in what a problem, I shall think...
Use "cmd" command in windowed mode, than type "aacenc32 -?" and see full help information.

Reply #8
Last build of aacenc32.exe v0.78.50, fixed some bugs with tagger...

Reply #9
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261572"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

In program I use standard WinAPI32 function (WriteConsole) to output help text.  Now I can't tell in what a problem, I shall think...
Use "cmd" command in windowed mode, than type "aacenc32 -?" and see full help information.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=261576"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This is a small problem for people with a 15 inch monitor. You can set your command prompt to be 50 lines and see everything but then the font is crazy small or you have to scroll up and down the screen. Even piping it to Windows more or less.exe doesn't work.
How about just asking people to hit 'space' when you get to a full screen?

Reply #10
This is a small problem for people with a 15 inch monitor. You can set your command prompt to be 50 lines and see everything but then the font is crazy small or you have to scroll up and down the screen. Even piping it to Windows more or less.exe doesn't work.
How about just asking people to hit 'space' when you get to a full screen?

This bug is fixed in last build of program v0.79.060,  now you can redirect text information in file, it's soon be able on www.rarewares.org in aac section... (or temporary you can download aacenc32.exe form here)

Reply #11
Thanks for your nice little frontend...

is there a possibility to add pipe support? that would be great 

or you could give me the source and i'll add it if you don't want to.

regards
pest

Reply #12
is there a possibility to add pipe support? that would be great 

I agree    and plan to add pipe support in the future versions...

or you could give me the source and i'll add it if you don't want to.

Source code, for the time being, is not public, sorry