Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: he aac+ps questions (Read 5312 times) previous topic - next topic

he aac+ps questions

Can someone tell me more about he aac+ps?

I know it was used in the recent 32bit audio test.

Where do i get the encoder from? and which program can play the files?

thanks

he aac+ps questions

Reply #1
A whole month has nearly passed and no reply 

I did a search for "he aac+ps" and 0 results were returns.

I get the feeling that an encoder/decoder is not available yet.

Thanks for reading the post anyway

he aac+ps questions

Reply #2
FAAD2 (and all players using it, such as foobar2000) have supported PS AAC decoding for a few months now...

he aac+ps questions

Reply #3
meh
In Case Of Bose, Break Glass
Flac yuo in teh ASIO!

he aac+ps questions

Reply #4
Meh

he aac+ps questions

Reply #5
meh?

What language is that then

Thanks for the answer garf, but what about an encoder?

he aac+ps questions

Reply #6
meh?

What language is that then

Thanks for the answer garf, but what about an encoder?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=239105"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

nero acc encoder, it only works for 32kbps and below afaik, dunno if lowet vbr preset does use sbr+ps but it would be nice

he aac+ps questions

Reply #7
nero acc encoder, it only works for 32kbps and below afaik, dunno if lowet vbr preset does use sbr+ps but it would be nice
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=239153"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That would be very nice indeed, but I dont think its true, yet

he aac+ps questions

Reply #8
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=239153"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That would be very nice indeed, but I dont think its true, yet
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=239601"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is a special version available (or at least used to be) in some pre-test thread.

he aac+ps questions

Reply #9
I dont think its available anymore

he aac+ps questions

Reply #11
thanks rjamorim

Im guessing i have to replace the original nero dll files with these ones.  Will i then get ps options?

he aac+ps questions

Reply #12
Yes, replace the original DLLs.

You will get PS if you select 32kbps CBR HE AAC. I don't know if it is enabled for other settings.

he aac+ps questions

Reply #13
Wow, just tested a few tracks and speach audio files, and they sound amazing for 32k !!!  I can abx it everytime against the standard 32k he-aac.

Brilliant

he aac+ps questions

Reply #14
Yes, replace the original DLLs.

You will get PS if you select 32kbps CBR HE AAC. I don't know if it is enabled for other settings.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=239735"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

For VBR setting it isn't enabled(for the 30-40kbs setting).

Way I figured this out, off the bat, was the older k-lite codec pack has older CoreAAC decoder.  In WMP the file plays 2 times as fast for the file with new PS, where as the VBR version doesn't.  If you install the newest CoreAAC.ax file in /system directory, then it doesn't play 2 times as fast anymore...

The reason I'm hyped about these codecs is because I'm interested in making some in game videos and this will help keep the final file size down(while having good sound qua, of course not same as original but no/low metalic/robotic sound).