Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I knew MS word was stupid, but... (Read 4224 times) previous topic - next topic

I knew MS word was stupid, but...

I have seen Microsft Word do some very stupid things. I have been infurated by the stupidest behaviour imaginable.

But sometimes it manages to be so amazingly idiotic that it still surprises me....

I was 19 pages into a technical report that I am submitting to the public consultation on the upcomming Communications Bill, when clippit helpfully said:

http://www.David.Robinson.org/mp3board/word.png

I always want to say "Yes - if you're so clever, you write it!"

David.

EDIT: Sorry - is this too far off topic?

Reply #1

Reply #2
hahaha I love it

Reply #3
lol, very funny

Reply #4
lol!!!

I got Office XP Pro (ED discount) recently and I thought clippy was gone, unfortunately when I clicked Help>>Show Office Assistant that little SOB attacked me!!!

The next thing I did was hide him, but he wanted revenge.  Without fail the little turd attacked me several more times, at least twice per doc. That pissed me off, so I started up the Office uninstaller, located Office assistant and removed it. I defeated Clippy

Personally, I much prefer StarOffice/OpenOffice Writer & Calc compared to their M$ counterparts. Much more stable and pleasurable to use.

Reply #7
Originally posted by Trelane
Many people have probably seen this, but it's worth a chuckle: http://www.visar.com/AssistedSuicide.gif

Everyone might have seen that, but it still one funny pic.

Reply #9
Originally posted by Trelane
Many people have probably seen this, but it's worth a chuckle: http://www.visar.com/AssistedSuicide.gif

...you may start laughing but it was new to me...

Thanx for posting the link... 

Reply #10
on a related note: I misplaced my word 95 cd (yes, its that old.  what reasons are there to upgrade?  works fine in win2k too), and needed to get an essay typed up in a hurry.  Cue the Staroffice download... 

Installed it, ran it, typed my essay; finished, began to spell-check it.  Found and error, clicked replace...  clicked replace...  clicked replace again.  No response.  The damn thing stopped responding and had to be closed with task manager!  I type fast, and it had been two hours since my last save, too.  Thanks Sun, great way to chase me back to MS.  btw I finished typing the essay in wordpad; I've NEVER seen wordpad crash