Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: damn my none-standard code...HELP!!! (Read 2266 times) previous topic - next topic

damn my none-standard code...HELP!!!

when I created my website I remembered from old times the code: BGPROPERTIES="fixed"

This is not standard and therefore only useable in EI I found just now.
It is suppose to make the background stay when you scroll.
So I ask: does anyone know what the hell I can use to replace this so it can work in all browsers?

thanks and regards,
Jan.

Reply #2
Thanks!!!
that seemed to do the trick.

Reply #3
Yeah.. I'd personally really highly suggest you use CSS for all your layout stuff now, like with this background property.  Not only does it let you do more than many of the old formatting tags, but it can also save quite a bit of bandwidth by cutting down on the amount of code needed.  Plus it's easier to read/write/use.  If you plan to use XHTML (recommended), I believe CSS is required.

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021