Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: InfoDisc CD-R's (Read 3274 times) previous topic - next topic

InfoDisc CD-R's

Okay, I got a spindle of 50 Memorex brand CD-R's for Xmas, and CD-R Indeitifier tells me they're made by InfoDisc. Is InfoDisc any good?
That is all, thank you.

InfoDisc CD-R's

Reply #1
gday...

i doubt it helps you..
but personally i passes on cd`s sold in spindles..

it shouldnt mean anything.. but i never (almost)
had any good resoult.. using spindeled cd`s..
only brand i have tried from spindle.. who was
a bit over the average.. was prostore multispeed
80 min. haven`t checked it.. (prolly TY manufactur.)

on the other hand memorex is no sheap brand
(known label) so i would check atip with eac..
and compare.. with your best..

my favourites right now is..
Fujifilm audio 80min. (manufactur:Fuji. phtalocyanine gold. type 5.)
(eac shows 72M extra capacity.))
and
Plextor 700M pre-coated (manufactur:TY. cyanine blue/gold. type 1.)
(this one eac report to have 124M extra in capacity ??))

InfoDisc CD-R's

Reply #2
I've had mixed expiriences with Memorex. The brand isn't that important, the maker is. Look for discs made by Taiyo Yuden and you won't go wrong. if you are in america you can order the cheap from media stores on the net (goto Yahoo! shopping or allmediaoutlet.com)
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."

InfoDisc CD-R's

Reply #3
I've bought alot of Memorex CD-R spindle's. The only type I had a problem with where the ones that didn't have some cover on top(ie. it was shiny). I had a couple of those cd's in my car and well during the summer the top's on some of those cd's just peeled off. I haven't gone wrong since then when they have had a proper cover on the cd's.

InfoDisc CD-R's

Reply #4
Burn a few and use Nero CD Speed, Plextools Pro (if Plex Premium present) or K-Probe (if you got a LiteOn CDRW) to check for the C1/C2 error rate ... if it is low enough, you know that your media is good - at least, when it is new cause no one can state any reliable info about long-term-behaviour.
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

InfoDisc CD-R's

Reply #5
Thanks Jean-Luc.

I ought to make it clear to the rets of you guys: these were a Christmas gift - I'm not interested in buying more as I already have a preferred brand that works well for me (Maxell: manufactured by Ritek).

I just wanted to know if InfoDiscs were really bottom-of-the-barrel.

InfoDisc CD-R's

Reply #6
The last five Memorex 30-pack boxes of '700MB, 48x Multi-speed, Slim Jewel cases' I bought from Staples here in the U.S. show up as being:
Taiyo Yuden - Long Strategy Type - Cyanine

InfoDisc CD-R's

Reply #7
gday..

@ neo. ritek is good..

@/\/ephaestous. T.Y isn`t always a safe buy..
the above ex: Fujifilm 80min..
exist from own lab.. & from TY. and that one sux. in comparison.

InfoDisc CD-R's

Reply #8
@/\/ephaestous. T.Y isn`t always a safe buy..
the above ex: Fujifilm 80min..
exist from own lab.. & from TY. and that one sux. in comparison.

yes, but it's easy to identify which ones are made by TY and which by Fuji.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you."