Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: New logo... (Read 7608 times) previous topic - next topic

New logo...

Reply #25
How about including the home/forum/etc buttons into the design. This would make for a nice slick 'top bar' and save a bit of space too. Also, I dont really like the *'s on the The, the full stop and the x's.

New logo...

Reply #26
Argh! What is it with this scene? Nothing really has a good logo about (see LAME, Ogg's is questionable and so is the name, MusePack looks a bit 1920's retro, AAC doesnt have one, FLAC's is boring)... lets not let HA be a victim of this! (WinAMP's logo is OK however)

The current logo here (condensed type with black waveform behind) looks too busy, and the tag line is very condensed too.

If the logo is something to be decided upon, lets have a competition, closing date and voting poll. Easily done, and I'll be entering myself

Hope I don't sound too odd or critical, its been a funny day!

Ruairi
rc55.com - nothing going on

New logo...

Reply #27
Originally posted by Garf

There's a huge empty space next to it which feels awkward
and wastes screen space.

It doesn't fit with the color of the buttons and the rest of the site (but I understand this will be changed?)

--- 
GCP

This is because my hand was kind of forced on the matter... I wasn't planning on putting up a new logo until the site redesign (which looks very vastly different).  So yeah, it kind of does just look like it's dropped in place, cause it is

New logo...

Reply #28
i just noticed the logo...

eeeeeee... can we go back to the old one?

oh!
what 'bout some competition?

New logo...

Reply #29
I cant believe you guys. The site redesign was planned well before any talk of this logo was floating around so all of this talk  about who should have say in what the logo will be is really a moot point. The logo is here, the logo is staying, and the site redesign is coming as well. Input is appreciated and even necessary but i think everyone is losing perspective in this matter. Go back to your day to day business on the site and please let this logo debate drop.

New logo...

Reply #30
Well,  how about a compromise? 

The sound, BTW is the first 25 sec of Brubeck's "Take Five"
And you can hear the logo, since it "hangs down" into the 14.5ish Khz level..

I'm just having fun..  and don't expect this to be a serious contender..
it's of course, up to whatever our Fearless Leader decides.

Thanks to Jens for the host-age...

New logo...

Reply #31
And what about a really simple "chemical" style logo? 

(sorry, the link doesn't work  , take a look at my avatar)

The colours used are the same used for the board because i don't know anything about the new redesign/style.

Fede

New logo...

Reply #32
the new one is way too big and a bit chaotic:rolleyes:

New logo...

Reply #33
I'm more upset about the loss of the nice blue background color...
It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you mean it is.  If you don't, it's its.

New logo...

Reply #34
yeah, its way too white

New logo...

Reply #35
Perhaps on the new website I'll make everything customizeable, complete with a bare plaintext template including "insert your personal HA logo here" and "pick a background color of your liking from the color spinner"... 

Though, honestly, I'm sure people would complain about that as well.  "It's too complicated"....

New logo...

Reply #36
yeah would be good  But honestly, the new logo is really chaotic

New logo...

Reply #37
Originally posted by Benjamin Lebsanft
yeah would be good

Not sure if you noted my sarcasm with the above post. . . . .

But honestly, the new logo is really chaotic

So I've heard.

New logo...

Reply #38
Originally posted by Dibrom
Perhaps on the new website I'll make everything customizeable, complete with a bare plaintext template including "insert your personal HA logo here" and "pick a background color of your liking from the color spinner"...  

Though, honestly, I'm sure people would complain about that as well.  "It's too complicated"....

See Dibrom?  That's what's the matter with Democracy!!  ;-)  Decisions can become comitteefests where everyone argues their own ideas till nothing happens..

Of course,  you decide,  it's your site. 

Hint to everyone else,  Dibrom didn't open voting booths.  Remember,  we're offering uninvited opinions here..  so being less insistant about it would help.

"Monocracy is where one person opinion is deemed smarter than one million people's..  Democracy is where one million people's opinion are smarter than one persons.    Hmmmm...  Did I miss something here?"  -Lazarus Long,  on styles of government  (RAH)

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2021