Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: File Folder Location on iOS (Read 16349 times) previous topic - next topic

File Folder Location on iOS

Hi,

Newbie question (I searched but didn't find any specific answer)...sorry if repeating.

Anyway, is there a way to direct the Music Library folder to the Files location on an iPhone?  I have another app that saved all the FLAC and DSD files to folders in Files.  I can see those but I can't seem to figure out how Foobar Mobile can access those.

Thanks in advance.

HP

Re: File Folder Location on iOS

Reply #1
Check under "On My iPhone" or whatever device you're using, "foobar2000". This is the same folder you get if you browse the Apps' folders under Finder, or under iTunes.

Reply #2
Hi Kode54,

Happy New Year!  Thx for the reply but I guess I'm daft to this app.

With Files, the folders listed under On My iPhone does not show any Foobar folders.  I wanted to point the HiByMusic folder for the library as it has quite a few albums there already.
X

If I go to Settings, Foobar only shows these options:
X

While HiByMusic shows the Document Storage folder as a an available library:
X

Cheers,
Hedwig

Reply #3
Then I guess you need to use iTunes to create the folder for it. Or Peter just removed it. Whatever, I have no clue.

Reply #4
Do you know how to move those files to a PC and then move files from PC to iPhone?
Foobar will see them them if you turn on the scan button under Media Library, iPod.
 I personally use the app ‘Documents’ from the App store.
Once I have the files in the iPhone or iPad, I select the folder, I created one named music, and then tell Documents to move it to the iTunes folder. Yep cumbersome, but that’s how Apple deals.
You could also sync specific folders with iTunes app on the PC and the iPhone connected through USB.

Reply #5
With Files, the folders listed under On My iPhone does not show any Foobar folders.  I wanted to point the HiByMusic folder for the library as it has quite a few albums there already.

You cannot access the Foobar2000 Music Folder through the Files app as fb2k has not been updated to support this iOS 11 feature. You'll have to access the folder using iTunes on your computer.
X

Reply #6
But somehow, I can access the folder just fine from the Files app on my phone and tablet? Maybe it already has to exist and have content first.

Reply #7
Maybe it already has to exist and have content first.

You're absolutely right, that's what it was. I have only been using it with a media server so far, since I don't have much space on my phone to copy albums.
Thanks for your reply I hope this sorts it for the OP as well!

X

Reply #8
Thx guys....I stopped following since I thought it may not be what I was hoping for.  I added the file from iTunes and the Foobar folder showed up as you suggested.  However, I was hoping that I can go the other way where the Foobar media library can access or reference an existing folder in Files.  That way, I don't need to copy from HiByMusic's folder to the Foobar folder and have duplicates.

Cheers.

HP

Reply #9
Yea that's not possible due to iOS restrictions (I think) since it's easily doable on Android.
X