Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Opus .ogg vs .mp4 container? (Read 106 times) previous topic - next topic

Opus .ogg vs .mp4 container?

Opus inside mp4 seems improving - here's qaac support https://github.com/nu774/qaac/commit/8c8dcfc7b3977f9419d059c32463213966c98dcb

I've been using both the ogg (for opus) and mp4 container (for aac) and the corresponding tools opusenc/opustags, mp4box. For my simple offiine encoding and tagging purposes, playing on mobile devices both seem to be sufficient - actually, gpac is a bit feature overkill.

Except for app support, is there a significant difference between these containers for an opus stream?

I'm just wondering and want to start a standards flame war - so please be kind :-)