Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Songs won't play. (Read 1937 times) previous topic - next topic

Songs won't play.

I was a happy longtime foobar user until recently when I could no longer play any songs. I didn't change anything within the program, but now every time I load up a song to play, and then click the song, "Opening" quickly flashes down at the bottom left of the screen, but then nothing happens. No matter how many times I click on the track, the same results (and the format is inconsequential). I tried googling this issue to see if anyone else has had this problem, but it doesn't look like it. What's interesting is that when I use the Seek bar, it shows the shape of the sound waves, but every time I press play it just kicks it back to 0:00 where it sits. Additionally, I'm using the last.fm plugin and that acts as if the song is indeed playing (since it carries on scrobbling it despite it not actually playing).

Also, I've tried both updating from the current version I was using as well as uninstalling and then reinstalling (and restarting my computer), but none of my efforts have been fruitful. It might also be worth mentioning that all of my other media players, winamp and itunes are working just fine.

If anyone can help me with this issue I'd be oh so grateful. Thanks!

Songs won't play.

Reply #1
Do check your File->Preferences->Playback->Output and what it says on Output device. If it's empty, change it to Primary Sound Driver and restart fb2k.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Songs won't play.

Reply #2
Do check your File->Preferences->Playback->Output and what it says on Output device. If it's empty, change it to Primary Sound Driver and restart fb2k.

bless you! that was my problem. thanks so much!