Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem in foo_input_gsf. Music from certain games won't play. (Read 1674 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem in foo_input_gsf. Music from certain games won't play.

Hi. In the past, when I tried to play songs from certain games (i.e. Wario Land 4, Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga, etc.), I'd get the error described in this thread, https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,113184.msg931928.html#msg931928. Now, most game rips work, but when I try to play GSFs from Wario Ware Inc., it just plays silence. It works if I downgrade to v2 of the plugin, but it crashes when switching songs. Any advice?

Re: Problem in foo_input_gsf. Music from certain games won't play.

Reply #2
Thanks. I'll start looking into what the issue might be.

Reply #3
Okay, I've checked with higan, and the problem seems to be with the rip itself. I'll try to see if I can fix it elsewhere, probably HCS.

Reply #4
Someone at HCS may be able to help you debug it. Or Endrift could help you debug it. She hasn't tested it on hardware, it probably won't boot there though. Sounds like it needs fixing like I did with Mario & Luigi. That somehow booted on hardware, though, so it was either an emulation glitch, or pure luck that it worked in VBA-M.