Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Embed relative path of picture/cover which is on the local filesystem? (Read 2764 times) previous topic - next topic

Embed relative path of picture/cover which is on the local filesystem?

Hello,

The man page for metaflac says that it is possible to embed the URL to a cover on the Internet, without actually fetching it and embedding the picture data into the FLAC file. Is it possible to do the same thing for a cover on the local filesystem, by embedded the relative path? If so, how shall I compose the path string? Any example? I assume it needs to begin with 'file:///', but I suck at understanding RFCs and I haven't really figured out whether the RFCs mean that relative paths are allowed.

Embed relative path of picture/cover which is on the local filesystem?

Reply #1
Hello,

The man page for metaflac says that it is possible to embed the URL to a cover on the Internet, without actually fetching it and embedding the picture data into the FLAC file. Is it possible to do the same thing for a cover on the local filesystem, by embedded the relative path? If so, how shall I compose the path string? Any example? I assume it needs to begin with 'file:///', but I suck at understanding RFCs and I haven't really figured out whether the RFCs mean that relative paths are allowed.

'file:///' is just a shortcut for 'file://localhost/' so I don't think that gives you any way to get a relative path.

Don't know if it would work in this case but a relative url usually leaves out the protocol, so "cover.jpg" in the same folder would just be "cover.jpg", "front.jpg" in a "covers" folder below would be "covers/front.jpg", "album.jpg" in an "artist" folder above would be "../album.jpg", etc.