Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 24bit Flac in Foobar (Read 3576 times) previous topic - next topic

24bit Flac in Foobar

I can't get a 24bit .wav file encoded with Flac 1.1.0 to play properly in Foobar2000. There's some added noise, like when you haven't tuned properly into a radio station. The same piece encoded from a 16bit .wav plays fine.

Any hints what I'm doing wrong?

24bit Flac in Foobar

Reply #2
[deleted]

24bit Flac in Foobar

Reply #3
I'm using 0.43 and won't be able to get my hands on the latest beta as I am not using any IRC.

I haven't a single DSP active. My soundcard is an Audiophile 2496 using kernel streaming. Changing the settings to directsound or wavout doesn't change the behaviour. If you think my issue was adressed in a later beta release, I'll happily wait until it replaces the 'official' 0.43 release.

Some other dets of my rig: Dual AMD 1800MP (Tyan Tiger MPX) running WinXP Pro, GF4 Ti4600.

Sorry about not fully complying with your request re latest version

24bit Flac in Foobar

Reply #4
latest ver:http://foobar2000.hydrogenaudio.org/0.5_beta16.zip

24bit Flac in Foobar

Reply #5
Thanks wzwc2002 - the issue has indeed been solved in 0.5b16; 24bit flac plays fine now.