Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4601919 times) previous topic - next topic

Columns UI

Reply #1800
I just started trying out mediamonkey and I noticed a feature which I thought was nice. You can progressively sort more than one column by holding ctrl while clicking on the column headers. This makes it easy to sort by more than one variable without having to use custom sorting.

Just a thought 

Columns UI

Reply #1801
I just started trying out mediamonkey and I noticed a feature which I thought was nice. You can progressively sort more than one column by holding ctrl while clicking on the column headers. This makes it easy to sort by more than one variable without having to use custom sorting.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287220"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I agree, that would be great.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Columns UI

Reply #1802

Just a thought 

Hmm, how is that different from what currently happens if you click e.g. the title column, then artist column? Sorting by columns already has a "memory" of the previous sort order if that is what you wanted.

Columns UI

Reply #1803
Hmm, it's been a while now. How's development of 0.1.3 going?
</signature>

Columns UI

Reply #1804
Hmm, it's been a while now. How's development of 0.1.3 going?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287386"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Seems to be going quite well...

Columns UI

Reply #1805
that's great! thank musicmusic
welcome to foobar2000 group of google :http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Foobar2000

Columns UI

Reply #1806

Just a thought 

Hmm, how is that different from what currently happens if you click e.g. the title column, then artist column? Sorting by columns already has a "memory" of the previous sort order if that is what you wanted.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287240"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just tried it and I can't get it to sort with more than one column. For example, I clicked on my Artist column and then on my Bitrate column and it sorted everything by bitrate only. Of course I could get it to do this with a custom sort, but that's not as intuitive.

Columns UI

Reply #1807

Just a thought 

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287240"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I just tried it and I can't get it to sort with more than one column. For example, I clicked on my Artist column and then on my Bitrate column and it sorted everything by bitrate only. Of course I could get it to do this with a custom sort, but that's not as intuitive.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287643"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Have you tried clicking first on bitrate and THEN on artist?

Columns UI

Reply #1808
I would really like to be able to have a second sidebar... I don't think that's possible at the moment, or is it?

Columns UI

Reply #1809
I noticed that once i switched to columns the transparency option didn't work.  Is transparency going to be implemented into columns ui?  Thanks

Columns UI

Reply #1810
I would really like to be able to have a second sidebar... I don't think that's possible at the moment, or is it?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=290218"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
No, its not. Im hoping to completely remove the sidebar by 0.1.3, with the new configurable layout replacing it.

I noticed that once i switched to columns the transparency option didn't work.  Is transparency going to be implemented into columns ui?  Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291906"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

The options for the Default User Interface do not apply to Columns UI.

Implementing transparency isn't on my immediate plans. Possibly later if its not too much hassle, but its not something I've looked into.

Columns UI

Reply #1811
The new configurable layout? Have you described this earlier in the thread?

Columns UI

Reply #1812
The new configurable layout? Have you described this earlier in the thread?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=291969"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Vaguely. Foosion posted a screenshot in the coruscate thread, but there are still somethings left for me to implement before the sidebar can go.

Columns UI

Reply #1813
Hello, I'm having little difficulties with a code. If you look at the screenshot, you will see that the artist is displayed on the first track of the album, although this is a Various Artists album. I'd like to display "Various Artists" when it is a VA album.

This is the code I use.
Code: [Select]
// Track 1
$if(%_is_first%,
$if(%_albumfirst%,$if(%album%,%album%,Unknown Album),
$if(%_is_various%,
$if3(%album artist%,%performer%,Various Artist),
$if(%artist%,%artist%,Unknown Artist))),

Can someone rewrite this to a working code please? I'd appriciate it alot!

EDIT: Never mind, I just figured it out. It was a faulty string somewhere in the global variables.

Columns UI

Reply #1814
Suggestion:
I was thinking it might be handy to have a global color scheme for panel windows.  E.g. in each component you could select the 'default' (black/white), 'global' (which is specified somewhere in foo_ui_columns), or the usual user settings.

Obviously this would have to be supported by individual components, but foo_ui_columns could provide the global settings.

(...or is this already supported somehow and I just missed it??)

stripe/ben

Columns UI

Reply #1815
What will be new in 0.1.3 except maybe the configurable layout? Even if that's a pretty big thing.

Columns UI

Reply #1816
I would like to see the ColumnsUI-interface providing ColumnsUI-variables (a stack of all $puts()), so that the ColumnsUI-variables can also be used by its panels e.g. trackinfo -  would be neat at least.

ATM you have to configure everything twice (even though copy & paste is your best friend)

edit: ATM...

Columns UI

Reply #1817
What will be new in 0.1.3 except maybe the configurable layout? Even if that's a pretty big thing.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:requests:requests_list]http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:req...s:requests_list[/url]

Columns UI

Reply #1818
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:requests:requests_list]http://music.morbo.org/wiki/columns_ui:req...s:requests_list[/url]
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292701"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

*drooling* But these are not at all necessarily implemented by 0.1.3, right? They're just future feature requests? Because they all seem to me like hard developer work.

Columns UI

Reply #1819
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I dont know yet - nothing else 'major' as yet if thats what you wanted to know.

I would like to see the ColumnsUI-interface providing ColumnsUI-variables (a stack of all $puts()), so that the ColumnsUI-variables can also be used by its panels e.g. trackinfo -  would be neat at least.

ATM you have to configure everything twice (even though copy & paste is your best friend)

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292648"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Your talking about global variables, right? Yeh I suppose so, it would be for convienience rather than speed though.

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292606"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292701"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I will eat my words if all those things are ever implemented.

Columns UI

Reply #1820
Im hoping to completely remove the sidebar by 0.1.3, with the new configurable layout replacing it.

Meh, I really like the sidebar, but I'll trust your judgement  .

Columns UI

Reply #1821
Im hoping to completely remove the sidebar by 0.1.3, with the new configurable layout replacing it.

Meh, I really like the sidebar, but I'll trust your judgement  .
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292794"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hopefully He'll add the ability to treat the main playlist as a panel, so we'll get the ultimate freedom

Actually, I'd like to see the "columns" part of columns UI divorced from the main component. You could then retain the awesome panel framework, global vars, .fcs, and whatnot, but have a completely modular playlist component. Call it foo_ui_panels and foo_uie_columns respectively or something like that

Columns UI

Reply #1822
I'd like to download and print the columns_ui documentation (as I did with playlist_tree and others plugin): is there a printer friendly version of it?

Or, at least, a 'one big html' to not have to spend hours in clicking on links to pages, then print, then go back, then click again.... etc.

Thanks.

Columns UI

Reply #1823

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292648"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Your talking about global variables, right? Yeh I suppose so, it would be for convienience rather than speed though.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=292769"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, something like a non-trackspecific global string which makes its vars also available to other stuff - may speed up things alot.

FCSs which have stuff like color-schemes - or generally make lots of use with color-calculations (especially the $blend function) - are currently the slowest FCSs. Thats because $blend() and color-calcs is a cpu-hog. However, this is stuff which theoretically only needs to be done once - not for every track.

In other words, FCSs could overload their most resource-hungry code to a non-trackspecific global string.

BTW: if you're playing with implementing global vars which can be used by other stuff - may i provide a slight reminder about the exposed background-color which currently can only be defined manually? Would be cool if there would be a global-var which can be used to override the manual-setting of the exposed bg-color.

thanks for columns ui.
- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Columns UI

Reply #1824
What is tag to create an column Filzesize?

"%_filesize% MB" don't work correctlly