Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist Name Enhanced (Read 63908 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #26
[deleted]

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #27
I can't seem to find this...    Is it maybe part of Visual Studio 2005 and not of the SDK?
I am positive it is not, because I do not own Visual Studio 2005. 

On my Windows 2000 machine which I use for these things, it's located in the Platform SDK "Bin" folder, which you might have in your PATH.  That is "\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Bin\uuidgen.exe" here. 

This is the latest version of the PSDK for Windows 2000 and higher.  Maybe you need to update your development environment.

I seem to remember that I've installed only the core functionality of the SDK, maybe I need to install some other section too. I'll see what I can find, thanks!!! 

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #28
OK, i installed the "tools" section from the core sdk and i found uuidgen.

However, XN Resource Editor did not work for me very well (it crashed twice and i coundn't figure how to save as .rc files). I think i found a better one, ResEd.

I will see what I can do.

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #29
v1.2 is released (see first post).

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #30
v1.1 released, see first post.

@xxiii: I need to make a preferences page for an exclude list, but since I use Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition which doesn't have resource dialog editor, I can't do it right now, only when I get a copy of Visual Studio 2005...

Still need this to be incorporated to be compatible with foo_browser and foo_uie_albumlist. Without excluding these two special playlists (*Browser* and Library view), it generates a new instance of these playlist instead of replacing/updating them.

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #31

v1.1 released, see first post.

@xxiii: I need to make a preferences page for an exclude list, but since I use Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition which doesn't have resource dialog editor, I can't do it right now, only when I get a copy of Visual Studio 2005...

Still need this to be incorporated to be compatible with foo_browser and foo_uie_albumlist. Without excluding these two special playlists (*Browser* and Library view), it generates a new instance of these playlist instead of replacing/updating them.

Same duplucation problem happens if you have an "always send to playlist" name selected. Just due to the fact that the component actually renames the playlists so they're not 'there' anymore for other components/functions to see?

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #32
Please, implement exclude list of playlists,
it's necessary for convient use of Browser and Album List components.

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #33
hello, useful plugin, i could like it ;-)

is it possible to say it should show information only for, lets say the "default" playlist?

i habe some playlists in row and i only need the information for playlists i'm currently listening (or used/created by foo_playlist_bind), not for playlists with i.e. radiostations in it.

also, the brackets make the shown information ugly. :-]
i'd like to define a "(" instead of "["

do you mind adding such features? or is this out of developing?

cheers

edit:
also, i found out, with showing information ON and deinstalling the plugin, by removing it and restarting foobar, the information is still shown in the playlist tabs. and no way to turn them off since uninstalling :-)
(i did not kept plugins settings as foobar asked me on restarting)

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #34
Well, it has certainly been a long time!
For the time being, I am no longer developing the plugin. Perhaps, I'll post the source code.
@fuffi: there's an option "Edit --> Playlist Name Enhanced --> Restore names", but if you uninstall it without first using this option, you have to manually rename the playlists and remove the brackets.

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #35
I too would like to see a more customizable display. Changing what delimiters are used, changing what info is displayed, and so on...

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #36
the brackets make the shown information ugly. :-]
i'd like to define a "(" instead of "["

I too would like to see a more customizable display. Changing what delimiters are used, changing what info is displayed, and so on...

You can play around with the information using formatting strings. I'm using this for my playlist-switcher panel, and it replaces the ['s with ('s:

$replace($replace(%title%,'[','('),']',')')

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #37
Hi,
your component doesn't work anymore for me. I have Windows Seven (based on Vista) and foobar2000 0.9.6.7.

Failed to load DLL: foo_playlist_name_enhanced.dll
Reason: This component is not compatible with this version of Windows and needs to be recompiled with a newer version of the foobar2000 SDK; please contact the author of this component to obtain an updated version of this component.

And as it goes by http://www.foobar2000.org/?page=ReleaseNotes&version=096
To permanently address the “bad allocation” bug present in very old versions of the foobar2000 SDK (released before 2006-07-30), foobar2000 now refuses to load components built with affected SDK versions when running on Windows Vista. Affected components can be fixed by just recompiling them with an updated version of the foobar2000 SDK.

Could you just recompile it? I had similar thing with my foo_dock, so it looks like that method does really work (just rebuild). Thanks in advance!

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #38
Is there any chance this could happen? I'd really like to have this functionality in foobar 1.0.

Moderation: Removed unnecessary full quote of the preceding post.

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #39
Is there any chance this could happen? I'd really like to have this functionality in foobar 1.0.
I second this
Win7 Pro - latest stable foobar

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #40
are there any currently updated components that provide a simple functionality like this?  all i want to do is have my playlists tell me how long they are :)

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #41
If you're using the default interface, use layout editing mode to add the Playlist Manager to your layout. Right click on the column headers, and you can add the columns -- items, duration, and total size. This comes with Foobar... 

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #42
thanks!

Playlist Name Enhanced

Reply #43
If you're using the default interface, use layout editing mode to add the Playlist Manager to your layout. Right click on the column headers, and you can add the columns -- items, duration, and total size. This comes with Foobar... 

Chmm - need info on the playlist - not on an extra GUI component
Win7 Pro - latest stable foobar