Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can the spectogram be enhanced with a visual scale showing frequency? (Read 1558 times) previous topic - next topic

Can the spectogram be enhanced with a visual scale showing frequency?

I think it's not hard to implement displaying of frequency at the position of mouse cursor over spectrogram. It would be very useful for identifying transcoded audio. Spectrogram is not very useful if you don't know what's the frequency...

Thanks for great player!

Reply #1
I got "hardware" solution for such problem. I set my spectrogram to display linear scale on frequency scale. I resized window of spectrogram in such way, that each channel has 11cm height when I put ruler to my screen. In this case, when file is sampled at 44,1 kHz (99% of files) I got 2kHz for each centimeter of height. So it's easy to determine cut off frequency on spectrogram - like 8cm is 16kHz (128 kbps mp3), 9,3 cm is 18,6 kHz (192 kbps mp3) and so on. I'm serious - I measure cut off frequency with "hardware" ruler on my screen.

Reply #2
haha, thanks for the tip, now i'm gonna do it too  but still software is more elegant...