Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_touchremote - Remote control for iPhone/iPod Touch (Read 142912 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_touchremote - Remote control for iPhone/iPod Touch

Reply #25
Same problem here. I loaded the plugin for the first time on Friday evening, and it worked perfectly. On Saturday morning the iPhone remote can't find the library. I am using only Bonjour, no iTunes, and have not installed any Windows updates (I have them intentionally disabled). The only variable is that I loaded a large new directory into Foobar's library, but even after reverting to my library's "test config" it's still not working. Very odd indeed.....

Same issue, when it prompts for code but then won't connect?
Can't wait for a HD-AAC encoder :P

Reply #26
Same problem here. I loaded the plugin for the first time on Friday evening, and it worked perfectly. On Saturday morning the iPhone remote can't find the library. I am using only Bonjour, no iTunes, and have not installed any Windows updates (I have them intentionally disabled). The only variable is that I loaded a large new directory into Foobar's library, but even after reverting to my library's "test config" it's still not working. Very odd indeed.....

Same issue, when it prompts for code but then won't connect?

Exactly. Device pairs just fine, but times out when trying to find library.

Reply #27

What are your device and model? What about firmware?

Reply #28

iPhone 8GB -  model # MA712LL
version 3.1.2 (7D11)
Modem Firmware 04.05.04_G

I have also have an iTouch here, I'll try that now to see if there are different results and report back.

Reply #29

iPhone 8GB -  model # MA712LL
version 3.1.2 (7D11)
Modem Firmware 04.05.04_G

I have also have an iTouch here, I'll try that now to see if there are different results and report back.

Interesting....I loaded the plug in with my very small "test library" on the iTouch. It connected right up. When I deleted that library and added a large new one, the plugin ceased to work (pairs with Foobar but can't find library). It seems the bug has to do with adding/changing/deleting directories to the library. I'm out of ideas now, but would really like to make this work......

Reply #30
I think the bug is simply some bad configuration or something like that. I just updated foobar2000 core without touching foo_touchremote, and it simply works now.

If it doesn't fix the problem, maybe try to remove (or rename, just in case) the configuration file foo_touchremote.dll.cfg and see if it fixes the problem. Note, that I'm not allowed to recommend this, as it will ultimately blow up your computer and some admin may be responsible blablabla... (yeah, I actually got a warning for that once - TWICE!)

Reply #31
I think the bug is simply some bad configuration or something like that. I just updated foobar2000 core without touching foo_touchremote, and it simply works now.

If it doesn't fix the problem, maybe try to remove (or rename, just in case) the configuration file foo_touchremote.dll.cfg and see if it fixes the problem. Note, that I'm not allowed to recommend this, as it will ultimately blow up your computer and some admin may be responsible blablabla... (yeah, I actually got a warning for that once - TWICE!)

Tried both - no luck. Very odd. Will continue experimenting later today. Would really like to get this to work...

Reply #32
Try on a fresh separete portable install.

Reply #33
Hi guys, Ive been using the plug for quite some time. I got the same problem at found out that if you play ramdom songs with foobar while its trying to connect, it works. I know it sound stupid but it works.

Also a bug? that I dont know how to override is that if you select a playlist that is not "remote selection" then no matter what u select in the remote, the next song will come from the selected list and not from the album you selected in remote.

Any1 found a solution to this?

Seems like the guy doing the development is not updating his page for a while

Reply #34
Hey guys

This tool is just amazing, but i'm stuck at sth.
I can't search for Artists, Songs etc. On the "Remote"-App I just see the "Playlists" and its no problem to play songs of them. But if I click on "Artists" or "Albums" there is a message: "No Songs, You can download songs using iTunes." And so far I can't search my whole library.
Is this just not possible or am I missing something?

Thanks for your help!

C0mM4NcH3

Reply #35
I also only use Bonjour. iTunes has never been near the PC with foobar2000 on. Also Bonjour doesn't seem to be updated - The files are dated 2008-12-12!

Is there any method to use or install Bonjour without iTunes?
Due to some reason, it is not allowed to install and use iTunes in my PC.
If it is possible to use Bonjour without installing iTunes, I'd like to try this amazing features.

Thank you in advance.

Reply #36
I also only use Bonjour. iTunes has never been near the PC with foobar2000 on. Also Bonjour doesn't seem to be updated - The files are dated 2008-12-12!

Is there any method to use or install Bonjour without iTunes?
Due to some reason, it is not allowed to install and use iTunes in my PC.
If it is possible to use Bonjour without installing iTunes, I'd like to try this amazing features.

Thank you in advance.

Yes, Just Google Bonjour for Windows and  download/install .. Itunes not needed.

Reply #37
If you could update your tracks star ratings  via this app i'd  buy an Ipod Touch and use it all the time  , but having to walk to PC to rate song defeats a lot of its purpose,  or can you and I'm missiing something?

Reply #38
If you could update your tracks star ratings  via this app i'd  buy an Ipod Touch and use it all the time  , but having to walk to PC to rate song defeats a lot of its purpose,  or can you and I'm missiing something?

I previously asked the developer about this, and he's answer was:
of course, rating will be supported sooner or later, when I'll have some time to make it.

Reply #39

I previously asked the developer about this, and he's answer was:
of course, rating will be supported sooner or later, when I'll have some time to make it.

Thanks  here's hoping..  :

Reply #40
Hi,

I've been using Foo_touchremote and am very pleased with it. I however have one issue. Searches from my Ipod are case sensitive. ie: searching for "moby" will not show result for "Moby". Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Reply #41
the case sensitive searching looks like it would have to be sorted out on the devs side.

being able to rate songs would be killer!

most of the connection issues seem to happen most often when there are multiple devices connecting.

Reply #42
Sorry,

I don't know if it's just me, or if it's been posted already.  But does anyone know how to add albums to a playlist through the Remote App?  I can listen to one album at a time, but I'd prefer to add a bunch to a playlist through the remote.

take care

Reply #43
FYI I was not able to pair my iPhone 3Gs until I unplugged an apple airport express from my network.

Foobar plugin would ask for my pin, and eventually the dialog would go away, but nothing showing in the paired devices window.

Reply #44
Can someone please point me to directions how to install the foobar iphone remote control? I have already installed itunes and successfully using apple remote. Thanks!

Reply #45
Working fine on 3GS 3.1.3. Nice plugin. Thanks.

Gets info & albumart from custom directories too, even after restarting app.

Missing lyrics & sort options though.

Reply #47
Apple updated the Remote app to version 2.0. I updated the app to v2.0 and foo_touchremote no longer seems to function. The foobar2000 library will not appear in the Remote app, even after removing the paired device (in foobar2000) and re-pairing it. Can anyone else confirm this behavior, or is it just a quirk with my setup?

Reply #48
The same thing is happening to me with version 2.0, pairing works but that's all.

Reply #49
No help to you but thanks for warning,  will  not update till plugin updated which  hopefully it will be. Apple update probably will have some changes for Iphone4/OS4 which plugin can't deal with.