Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 vs Mp3tag (Read 1142 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 vs Mp3tag

With Foobar's metadata editing features, is there much, or any reason to use Mp3tag with Foobar installed?

Re: Foobar2000 vs Mp3tag

Reply #1
I keep it around primarily for the export scripting functionality, but also on occasion for its regex support.

Re: Foobar2000 vs Mp3tag

Reply #2
Regular expressions yes. Other features I don't think foobar2000 has (preparing to be educated!)

* Copy all tags including RG and covers. I don't think fb2k can do that in one operation?
* Supports some ID3 frames that fb2k doesn't. A couple of those are used by Picard ... also has an %_id3v2_unknown_frames%
* Remove some ID3s that fb2k cannot. Not everything, and I don't remember exactly where it fails, but if you have used EAC to rip and added ID3 to FLAC (or WavPack) then try Mp3tag.
Also has finer control over where the tags are: %_tag_size_appended% %_tag_size_prepended%
* Better cover handling. Can Search for %_covers% GREATER 1. Has a %_cover_size% and a %_cover_description% and more. Even the cover view is often better.