Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problems with Batch converting Cue+wav and Cue +Flac to tracks (Read 1274 times) previous topic - next topic

Problems with Batch converting Cue+wav and Cue +Flac to tracks

Hi all!
Cue tools noob here.  I have a database of around 1500 cue sheets + wav or flac. These are all in one folder (yeah I know...).

First questions: Ripping was done with EAC. Should I go for individual conversion to tracks or use batch? Or batch conversion and then reconvert the ones with bad tags?

Second question: I keep getting 'Exception, Flac.exe The system cannot find the file.' when trying single conversion. IS this a templationg error or do I really miss an exe somewhere? When doing batch the program created all the correct folders but only created empty cue's.

I have been looking at the settings, but it is not very beginner friendly sadly...

Thanks!

Edot: Lol, I have been lurking for 13 years ;)

Re: Problems with Batch converting Cue+wav and Cue +Flac to tracks

Reply #1
Just to show some extra info

Reply #2
External encoder executable (.exe) files aren't included. You will need to download.
Or use one of the internal flac encoders.
http://cue.tools/wiki/CUETools_Advanced_Settings:_Encoders
The following page hasn't been updated. libFLAC currently at 1.3.4 and will update to 1.4.1 in CUETools 2.2.3.
http://cue.tools/wiki/CUETools_FLAC_encoders_comparison
korth

Reply #4
Thanks guys!

As my file system and tags are not on point right now, I'll probably go the manual route.

Reply #5

I have a almost similar situation with the output from ripping with EAC - a cue file, a single big wav file and often a folder.jpg. Each is in its folder however. I'm able to use cuetools to batch encode to flac or mp3 etc  - each into a seperate folder based on artist and album etc. I think you will run into challenges with all the files in one folder such as the artwork (if you have any).  I think your best first move is to move the files for each CD into its own folder.

I assume that the name of the artist and album are part of the file name - you'll need to use a Tool like tag&rename or Picard to help with this, or if you are a coder, probably a bit of python will do it. Once you have each CD in its folder, then cuetools will help do a batch encode.