Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: $10,000 Ethernet cables (Read 15123 times) previous topic - next topic

$10,000 Ethernet cables

Reply #50
Archimago? I loved his USB test. And, in looking for it, I see he has posted some tests on network cables within the past few days.

It's 4.30am... I'll have to leave that until tomorrow.
The most important audio cables are the ones in the brain

$10,000 Ethernet cables

Reply #52
Archimago? I loved his USB test. And, in looking for it, I see he has posted some tests on network cables within the past few days.

Especialy funny is the 4500 miles test: Intercontinental streaming

I am sure they used audiophile grade cables at the bottom of the sea. Can't be any other explanation, uh?

$10,000 Ethernet cables

Reply #53

Especialy funny is the 4500 miles test: Intercontinental streaming

I am sure they used audiophile grade cables at the bottom of the sea. Can't be any other explanation, uh?

Obviously the high pressure compresses the cable, optimizing the structure for better transmission, duh

$10,000 Ethernet cables

Reply #54
Obviously the high pressure compresses the cable, optimizing the structure for better transmission, duh

It keeps the oxygen out
The most important audio cables are the ones in the brain

$10,000 Ethernet cables

Reply #55
Actually I believe that is correct (excepting vacuum).

Can you explain? How does the insulation surrounding a wire slow down the electrical current in the wires.

Look up velocity factor. The signal goes slower depending on the insulation. They're not lying as we used to time align analog video signals in the old days and the velocity factor was part of it.

$10,000 Ethernet cables

Reply #56
I really wish that I could afford those cables.  Not that I would buy them 
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

$10,000 Ethernet cables

Reply #57
Although this article was really about Audioquest's Diamond HDMI cable, I thought AQ founder William Low's response on page 2 was worth a read.

http://www.cepro.com/article/audioquest_de..._hdmi_cable/D1/

For your convenience, I've edited Low's response down a bit:
So, I’m essentially agreeing ... to not pay more for an HDMI cable because one expects a better picture. However ... it’s an area worth investigating for those so inclined.
While I can describe some of the ways in which a wire cable or a fiber-optic cable introduces jitter, the “argument” is not won in the intellectual domain.
...death taxes and deception will always be with us.

Why is this sort of stuff allowed in the USA? I got to thinking about it and came up with the following:
  • AQ presumably creates real jobs and pays real taxes
  • How can we claim that anyone's been victimized if buyers are happy else they can simply get a refund?
  • Basic rights of a USA citizen are "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness": No one said that the Happiness aspect had to make any sense.

$10,000 Ethernet cables

Reply #58
If they really believe what they advertise about their network cables, then it is obvious that they actually know little or nothing about networks and network cables. Seems to me that that makes buying a network cable from them a rather silly thing to do.

I'd love to see the results of CAT-compliance testing on these audiophile cables

Nevermind that Ethernet signal is digitally modulated, it's also analog rated for 100MHz for dirt-cheap Cat5e which is only like ~2500 times of the 44.1KHz sampling rate.