Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CUETools path format (Read 3575 times) previous topic - next topic

CUETools path format

I am having a problem with CUETools 2.1.5. This is a new problem that appeared a few days ago.

The folder browser will not allow me to navigate my external hard drive. However, drag 'n' drop mode still allows me to load files from my external hard drive.

When I use the folder browser and click on the icon for my external hard drive, the following error message is displayed: "The given path's format is not supported." If this is the case, why does the same path work with drag 'n' drop? How can do I restore CUETools' ability to navigate my external hard drive with the folder browser?

CUETools path format

Reply #1
When you drag'n'drop, does it look like a standard path, with a drive letter, or something different?
CUETools 2.1.6

CUETools path format

Reply #2
When you drag'n'drop, does it look like a standard path, with a drive letter, or something different?

It looks like a standard path, with a drive letter. For what it's worth the external hard drive uses an NTFS file system.

CUETools path format

Reply #3
Here is screenshot that shows the error with the H drive in CUETools' folder browser.

CUETools path format

Reply #4
With the selection as shown in the pic, what (if anything) is displayed in the Input: box?

Edit: This type of error usually means a reserved character is being used incorrectly.
korth

CUETools path format

Reply #5
The problem is at the root of my H drive. The problem did not exist when I first installed CUETools.

Here is some more visual information.

CUETools path format

Reply #6
I can help solve this if you'd like me to test anything. I think it's important to get external hard drives recognised.