Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Fast layout switching... (Read 3713 times) previous topic - next topic

Fast layout switching...

HAHAHA!!! I got an ingenious idea!!!

Switching fluently between your self defined UI themes by using the menu bar... (View -> Switch Layout -> ...)! Maybe by using a standard directory for storing your themes.

Fucking good idea... eh!?
Help me! The beetles have trapped me between the walls...!

Fast layout switching...

Reply #1
In CUI you can bind hotkeys to your layouts, pretty convenient.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

Fast layout switching...

Reply #2
If you export your theme files to the "themes" subfolder and only select "Main Layout" (not 100% sure about the name, I have no foobar2000 at my current location) in the export dialog, you can switch between those layouts in the Quick Setup dialog.

Fast layout switching...

Reply #3
If you export your theme files to the "themes" subfolder and only select "Main Layout" (not 100% sure about the name, I have no foobar2000 at my current location) in the export dialog, you can switch between those layouts in the Quick Setup dialog.

The only problem with it that the Main and the Toolbar layout are different settings, so switching the main layout only results in a screwed up toolbar  (For example, in my current layout I have 3 toolbars which all hold parts of the controls/visualisation and I lose the tow smaller toolbars on switching )

Fast layout switching...

Reply #4

For sure... but way too complicated...!
Help me! The beetles have trapped me between the walls...!

Re: Fast layout switching...

Reply #5
Be sure of creating a copy of the original theme with all the options because if you change fonts on the second one and you go back to the first one the fonts will not. So you will have the first theme with the fonts of the second one.
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.

Re: Fast layout switching...

Reply #6
I wanted to create that idea because I loved iTunes cover always on top. I did not know how to do it and thanks to this post I made a video detailing the process. Apart from quick switching layouts, you will have the layout as in iTunes cover on top. See spoiler. Foobar quick layout switch (and iTunes' cover on top).

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yes, the avatar it is the cover of «The City» by Vangelis.