Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Surround playback (Read 2211 times) previous topic - next topic

Surround playback

Hello!

I just found some cheap Logitech 5.1 speakers to replace my old broken 2.1 speakers (don't worry, I have Senheiser HD650 for actually listening to music ;) ), and I would like to use all the speakers to play back music (meaning, naturally, that the back speakers would play the left and right channels too). This works in Windows Media Player, but I prefer Foobar 2000 over all other music players, so I would like to know if I can turn this on in the preferences.

I did not find an option like this after a minute of searching, so I thought it would be just easier to ask.

Thanks!

EDIT: Got it to work by switching playback to DirectSound 2.0.... I hate the bass levels with this though, so I have to play around with them.

Surround playback

Reply #1
the "convert stereo to 4 channels" dsp might do the trick for you as well
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Surround playback

Reply #2
Quick question.  Do you have a 5.1 capable sound card?

Surround playback

Reply #4
the "convert stereo to 4 channels" dsp might do the trick for you as well

Thank you. That actually resulted in a better balance than when using my sound chip's drivers to set the mode to cloning.

Quick question. Do you have a 5.1 capable sound card?

Yes, I do... actually it is an integrated 7.1 on my motherboard (Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe).

Mmm...
Excuse me for self advertising... blink.gif
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=29985

That plugin sounds intresting; I might try it.
I can pretty much do everything that it provides with my sound chip's config program (NVMixer or Realtek's one), but I have to try it.

Thanks everybody!