Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: auto update playlists (Read 3872 times) previous topic - next topic

auto update playlists

I have read through almost every post I can find to explain how to auto update my foobar2000 playlists. I apologize if this is covered completely elsewhere. I just cannot seem to get this to work. My setup:

ALL music files (about 8,000) are in one single directory : D:\All My Music
My Foobar2000 library has the D:\All My Music added.

I do a search of my library using the syntax - (%GENRE% HAS POP)  AND NOT (%GENRE% HAS CHRISTMAS) AND NOT (%GENRE% HAS DANCE), which produces a playlist. I save that playlist using the ...create autoplaylist.

All playlist files are also stored in D:\All My Music, example : All Pop.fpl

If I add a new Pop song to the D:\All My Music folder, how do I autoupdate my All Pop playlist?

Re: auto update playlists

Reply #1
If I add a new Pop song to the D:\All My Music folder, how do I autoupdate my All Pop playlist?

Well, you don't. That's why it's called auto-playlist, because it updates by itself.
I'm late

Reply #2
Did you set foobar to monitor D:\All My Music for changes while running?

Reply #3
I do a search of my library using the syntax - (%GENRE% HAS POP)  AND NOT (%GENRE% HAS CHRISTMAS) AND NOT (%GENRE% HAS DANCE), which produces a playlist. I save that playlist using the ...create autoplaylist.
This autoplaylist should be automatically updated when you add a new song (if you didn't disable library monitoring and foobar2000 is running when you add new song).

This file is just a regular playlist file, it cannot be auto-updated.

Reply #4
Foobar's playlists are always located in \AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\playlists

Your own files are more like exports. They're not connected to the playlists currently loaded in foobar.

Reply #5
Great suggestions all around. Thanks everyone. I will try these suggestions out and see what I get.

Reply #6
Foobar's playlists are always located in \AppData\Roaming\foobar2000\playlists

Your own files are more like exports. They're not connected to the playlists currently loaded in foobar.

Just so I understand correctly......Foobar's playlists are the only ones that are auto-updated? My "exports" are not auto-updated?