Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AAC in AVI? (Read 6545 times) previous topic - next topic

AAC in AVI?

I would like to put an AAC audio track into an AVI, but I'm having trouble.

I know that I need a WAV wrapper for it, but I can't seem to find a tool new enough to be certain that it won't lose sync.

I found a copy of Nic's AAC2WAV from his "crappy beta" release, but he notes that it will lose sync with the video (because it doesn't use AAC parser?)

I've installed the latest CoreAAC DShow filters, but they don't play AAC without a wrapper.

Putting AAC inside an MP4 with video works, but I don't want to use MP4 if I can avoid it.

I would like to provide my content to viewers with the smallest amount of codec/filter installation possible, and I would very much like them to be able to use the default media player (WMP).

Thanks!

AAC in AVI?

Reply #1
It isn't possible to put aac to avi without some hacks which nobody has made (and will never make). The easiest way is to use Matroska.

Ps. You should have posted this to Digital Audio/Video - Container formats section.

AAC in AVI?

Reply #2
I didn't realize that group existed.

Can someone move this thread there?

AAC in AVI?

Reply #4
You don't need a wrapper. Use the AAC parser directshow filter

So, how do I get it in an AVI without a WAV wrapper?

AAC in AVI?

Reply #5
So, how do I get it in an AVI without a WAV wrapper?

With graphedit. Do some research

AAC in AVI?

Reply #6
I have done LOTS of research and come up pretty empty. Most of the documentation is either obsolete or independent of other efforts. While I am quite saavy, it has been difficult to put it all together.

Places like doom9 and digital-digest exist because people want to know how to do this stuff without having to research from scratch.

Unfortunately nobody has done a HOWTO or FAQ on this. At least not one that I have found.

AAC in AVI?

Reply #8
The method described by rjamorim doesn't work. Below is an image showing the method and its problem which is more than the image can show you. You can find more information on Graphedit from Doom9's guides. This topic is now closed because of its similarity to the other one in this same forum.