Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MAREO 3.0 Released! (Read 89540 times) previous topic - next topic

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #75
i would like to add to MAREO system folder variables, and i have made a test program. I need someone with Win98 and/or XP to test it. Thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376676"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

On XP Pro SP2, it shows me a list of variables.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #76
should say something like:

Code: [Select]
Your "My Documents" folder is at: C:\$user
Your "My Music" folder is at:
Your "ADMINTOOLS" folder is at:
Your "ALTSTARTUP" folder is at:
Your "APPDATA" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Application Data
Your "BITBUCKET" folder is at:
Your "CDBURN_AREA" folder is at:
Your "COMPUTERSNEARME" folder is at:
Your "CONNECTIONS" folder is at:
Your "CONTROLS" folder is at:
Your "COOKIES" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Cookies
Your "DESKTOP" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Desktop
Your "DESKTOPDIRECTORY" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Desktop
Your "DRIVES" folder is at:
Your "FAVORITES" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Favorites
Your "FONTS" folder is at: C:\WINNT\Fonts
Your "HISTORY" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Local Settings\History
Your "INTERNET" folder is at:
Your "INTERNET_CACHE" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
Your "LOCAL_APPDATA" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Local Settings\Application Data
Your "MYDOCUMENTS" folder is at:
Your "MYMUSIC" folder is at:
Your "MYPICTURES" folder is at: C:\$user\My Pictures
Your "MYVIDEO" folder is at:
Your "NETHOOD" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\NetHood
Your "NETWORK" folder is at:
Your "PERSONAL" folder is at: C:\$user
Your "PHOTOALBUMS" folder is at:
Your "PLAYLISTS" folder is at:
Your "PRINTERS" folder is at:
Your "PRINTHOOD" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\PrintHood
Your "PROFILE" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier
Your "PROGRAM_FILES" folder is at: C:\Program Files
Your "PROGRAM_FILES_COMMON" folder is at: C:\Program Files\Common Files
Your "PROGRAMS" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Start Menu\Programs
Your "RECENT" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Recent
Your "RESOURCES" folder is at:
Your "SAMPLE_MUSIC" folder is at:
Your "SAMPLE_PLAYLISTS" folder is at:
Your "SAMPLE_PICTURES" folder is at:
Your "SAMPLE_VIDEOS" folder is at:
Your "SENDTO" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\SendTo
Your "STARTMENU" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Start Menu
Your "STARTUP" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
Your "SYSTEM" folder is at: C:\WINNT\system32
Your "TEMPLATES" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Templates
Your "WINDOWS" folder is at: C:\WINNT

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #77
GHammer - Do you use Mareo with JRMC? If so, how do you get the parameters from MC to Mareo?

Thanks

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #78

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=376696\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, it does. Sorry for not being clear.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #79
GHammer - Do you use Mareo with JRMC? If so, how do you get the parameters from MC to Mareo?

Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377510"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is no way to pass the data from JRMC.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #80

Thanks
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377510"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is no way to pass the data from JRMC.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377646"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I see; shame that. Thanks for the info.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #81

[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=376696\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, it does. Sorry for not being clear.
[a href=\"index.php?act=findpost&pid=377645\"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
can you post the not confidential parts? or tell which one returned correct values? thanks.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #82
can you post the not confidential parts? or tell which one returned correct values? thanks.
Mine reported:
Your "My Documents" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents
Your "My Documents" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents
Your "My Music" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music
Your "APPDATA" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data
Your "CDBURN_AREA" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
Your "COOKIES" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Cookies
Your "DESKTOP" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop
Your "DESKTOPDIRECTORY" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Desktop
Your "FAVORITES" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Favorites
Your "FONTS" folder is at: C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
Your "HISTORY" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\LocalSettings\History
Your "INTERNET_CACHE" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
Your "LOCAL_APPDATA" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data
Your "MYMUSIC" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Music
Your "MYPICTURES" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\MyDocuments\My Pictures
Your "MYVIDEO" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Videos
Your "NETHOOD" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\NetHood
Your "PERSONAL" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents
Your "PRINTHOOD" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\PrintHood
Your "PROFILE" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>
Your "PROGRAMS" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Start Menu\Programs
Your "RECENT" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Recent
Your "RESOURCES" folder is at: C:\WINDOWS\Resources
Your "SENDTO" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\SendTo
Your "STARTMENU" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Start Menu
Your "STARTUP" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
Your "SYSTEM" folder is at: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Your "TEMPLATES" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Templates
Your "WINDOWS" folder is at: C:\WINDOWS

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #83
Here's my output. Sorry for the delay. It's finally nice weather here!

One thing I notice is that the 'common' folders are listed as 'Your' folders.
They are actually the 'all user' folders.
Likely just the output in the test, but wanted to point it out.

I don't see the path variables listed. Those would be a nice thing to use for those of us who have encoders in the path. Saves typing. Ha!

Your "My Documents" folder is at: D:\Documents
Your "My Documents" folder is at: D:\Documents
Your "My Music" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music
Your "APPDATA" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data
Your "CDBURN_AREA" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\CD Burning
Your "COOKIES" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Cookies
Your "DESKTOP" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop
Your "DESKTOPDIRECTORY" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Desktop
Your "FAVORITES" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Favorites
Your "FONTS" folder is at: C:\WINDOWS\Fonts
Your "HISTORY" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\History
Your "INTERNET_CACHE" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
Your "LOCAL_APPDATA" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data
Your "MYMUSIC" folder is at: D:\Documents\Music
Your "MYPICTURES" folder is at: D:\Documents\Pictures
Your "MYVIDEO" folder is at: D:\Documents\My Videos
Your "NETHOOD" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\NetHood
Your "PERSONAL" folder is at: D:\Documents
Your "PRINTHOOD" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\PrintHood
Your "PROFILE" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username
Your "PROGRAMS" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs
Your "RECENT" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Recent
Your "RESOURCES" folder is at: C:\WINDOWS\Resources
Your "SENDTO" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\SendTo
Your "STARTMENU" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu
Your "STARTUP" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
Your "SYSTEM" folder is at: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Your "TEMPLATES" folder is at: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Templates
Your "WINDOWS" folder is at: C:\WINDOWS

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #84
Oh, first time post, but I"ve been reading these forums forever. I just finally have something to contribute =)

I don't know if this is a bug, but it took me a while to work around this and thought I'd share it.

I kept ripping AAC files with iTunes Encode (I don't know if it's just limited to ripping to this format), and FLAC, but while the FLAC files were in tact, no .m4a files would appear. So I watched the directory to where I was compressing them.. the temp file would appear, then it would be renamed, then it would dissapear! After playing with a number of things, I figured out why it was happening

When I had the extraction directory set up in EAC to be the same as the the directory that my AACs were being sent to through MAREO, they would for some reason delete themselves. For some reason if I had the directory set in EAC to be the same as the directory set up in EARL, the files decided to simply dissapear. Does anyone know why? Was I doing something wrong?

Anyway, I figured out a couple work arounds. The simplest of course, is to simply keep the EAC extration folder and the EARL output folder separate, but my EAC logs and playlists would be outputted in a different directory, making it a hassle to put everything back together. So what I did in the MAREO settings was turn RENAME = FALSE and let EAC take care of my AACs so tthe directory could be shared.

Has anyones else ever come across this problem before?

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #85
I don't see the path variables listed. Those would be a nice thing to use for those of us who have encoders in the path. Saves typing. Ha!

you mean PATH=C:\XXX;C:\YYY?

i would need to process each one searching for the encoder ... its a nice to have probably. thanks for your info.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #86
Anyway, I figured out a couple work arounds. The simplest of course, is to simply keep the EAC extration folder and the EARL output folder separate, but my EAC logs and playlists would be outputted in a different directory, making it a hassle to put everything back together. So what I did in the MAREO settings was turn RENAME = FALSE and let EAC take care of my AACs so tthe directory could be shared.

what is the EARL output folder? what version of MAREO are you using? have you un-checked EAC's delete wav option?

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #87

what is the EARL output folder? what version of MAREO are you using? have you un-checked EAC's delete wav option?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=378837"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

By EARL I mean MAREO, it's what happens after working on the problem for 5 hours straight  I am using whatever version you have on your website.. I clicked the download link yesterday, so I'm assuming 3.0. Yes, I made sure that the delete WAV file after compression wasn't checked.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #88

you mean PATH=C:\XXX;C:\YYY?

i would need to process each one searching for the encoder ... its a nice to have probably. thanks for your info.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=378836"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hmmm, actually it puzzles me why the path is not honored by MAREO.
If I open a command window and type lame, I get lame, no need to specify the path to it. Same for all encoders I use. And the same for other apps I use, EAC, foobar, The GodFather, etc.

Is it a huge thing? Nope, just very nice for those who have all encoders in one place and don't wish to type the full path again and again.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #89
I believe there is a bug, or maybe just a problem.

When the title of a track has a slash ("\") in it then Mareo creates a FOLDER with the track's name, not an actual Flac and MP3 FILEs.  (I'm creating both flac and mp3 files with Mareo).

For a simplified example, where a CD has:
Artist: Vivaldi
Album: L'Estro Armonico
Track 01: Concerto in D, Adagio
Track 02: Concerto in C, Allegro/Andante

I get a flac and mp3 FILE called " 01. Concerto in D, Adagio.flac " (and ditto.mp3)
but I get a FOLDER called " 02. Concerto in C, Allegro " (actually two folders with that name because I set it up so that my Flac files and mp3 files are created in two different locations)

If I don't use Mareo, just the Flac program, or just the LAME program, this doesn't happen.  I'm using Exact Audio Copy.

So I have to be sure to rename the file first, eliminating the any slashes.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #90
i have a similar problem as well. i fianlly got eac/mareo 3.0 to create mp3/mp3gain/ and flac encoding at the same time. i have the songs stored in separate directories (flac and mp3) with separate folders/subfolders by artist/album.

when i ripped sarah brightman's andrew lloyd webber collection, i noticed that songs 10 and 12 were created in a duplicate subfolder/sub-sub folder. all other songs were created correctly.

example:

c:\flac\sarah brightman\andrew lloyd webber collection
  song 1
  song 2
  song  et al
  sarah brightman\andrew lloyd webber collection
          song 10
          song 12

same for c:\mp3

anybody have any ideae how to correct this problem.

thanks....

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #91
are you using 3.1?

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #92
Not a MAREO issue, but does anyone know how to get wapet to use a leading zero?
I'd like to have 01-title.flac for example and have the track tag the same.

Thanks.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #93
Can this be set up to run with Plextools Professional XL 3.08? I see there is an external encoder option and was wondering if anyone has tried it. Thanks for any feedback.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #94
Can this be set up to run with Plextools Professional XL 3.08? I see there is an external encoder option and was wondering if anyone has tried it. Thanks for any feedback.

Plextools does not pass the track number properly, at least all I ever get is %N sent.
But it does work.
Edit paths for your location.

Filename Construction
"%A" - "%N" - "%T"

D:\Encoders\mareo.exe

"C:\Program Files\Plextor\PTPXL\mareo.ini" "%S" "%O" "%A" "%C" "%T" %N "%Y"

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #95

Plextools does not pass the track number properly, at least all I ever get is %N sent.
But it does work.
Edit paths for your location.

Filename Construction
"%A" - "%N" - "%T"

D:\Encoders\mareo.exe

"C:\Program Files\Plextor\PTPXL\mareo.ini" "%S" "%O" "%A" "%C" "%T" %N "%Y"

Yes I see. Just %S and %O get sent correctly for me, none of the others work. So all your %A %C %Y work for you? This is very weird. Wonder if anyone has contacted them about this yet.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #96
Hello, I have a question.

I want to rip a CD with EAC both to wavpack lossless and Vorbis. My workflow would be the following:

1. Rip the tracks with EAC
2. Convert the .wav files to .wv files (but keep the .wav files)
3. Apply track and album gain through wvgain (note that this is not wavegain for .wav files, but a gain tool developed by bryant for wavpack files) to the wavpack files. This tool does not scale down the .wav files instead it computes track and album gain and write these in apev2 tags.
4. Scale the .wav files with wavegain in album mode
5. Convert the scaled .wav files to vorbis with oggenc.exe

In the end I want wavpack files with track and album gain written to the the tags (not scaled) and vorbis files created from scaled .wav files.

Is this possible with MAREO?

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #97
In the end I want wavpack files with track and album gain written to the the tags (not scaled) and vorbis files created from scaled .wav files.

Is this possible with MAREO?

should be.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #98
thanks for the reply kwanbis. I wonder in the mareo.ini file what the sequence would be.... I plan to do this sequence in the mareo.ini file:

1. convert to wavpack
2. apply wvgain in the wavpacks
3. scale the original wavs with wavegain
4. convert to vorbis with oggenc

Would this work?

Thanks again.

MAREO 3.0 Released!

Reply #99
perfectly, yes. There are even examples with mp3gain, which should be more or less the same as gaining wv. Take a look at the ini, if you have doubts, post what you have done, and we could help you.