Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foobar2000 0.7 is out! (Read 18107 times) previous topic - next topic

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #25
excellent indeed
I love the new toolbar with seekbar and real (non-ASCII) icons. Thanks

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #26
is there a way to change width of colums inside the tab in the "new" look? and if there is will it remember width per tab, or all tabs have columts same width?
The Plan Within Plans

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #27
I think you just have to play with the formatting string - I just use a really simple formatting string so I'm not exactly sure what to change .

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #28
It looks and plays great!  When can we expect to start seeing more plugins for it for additional format playback? (Shorten, LA, WMA etc) The posted plugins are still for version 6x for the most part.
you will make mp3's for compatibility reasons.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #29
It looks and plays great!  When can we expect to start seeing more plugins for it for additional format playback? (Shorten, LA, WMA etc) The posted plugins are still for version 6x for the most part.

Uh, get the big installer here.

http://www.saunalahti.fi/cse/html/foobar.html

It has plugins for both Shorten and WMA. I dunno what LA is, Liquid Audio?

Check the forums next time, thats where u can find the latest plugins.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #31
I had to rub my eyes to make sure I read this correctly...

Included general components:
Audio CD writer
ID3v2 tag support
APL support
freedb masstagger

Is this the first fb2k build with ID3v2 support?  I was always under the impression that Peter would never support this tag format unless it resolved some serious standardization issues (which I haven't seen news of).

Anyway, I'm back to trying to pry my addiction away from Winamp and get on the foobar bus with everyone else.  There are so many of my activities I could "integrate" with this tool (player, encoder frontend, ABX tool, tone generator, playlist manager, etc.)

The first capability I don't know about yet with fb2k that I need to research is visualizations.  Only for parties, that is...I don't sit around alone in the dark staring at lightshows...really...I mean it... 

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #32
excellent indeed
I love the new toolbar with seekbar and real (non-ASCII) icons. Thanks

could not agree more. thank you very much for all the effort.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #33

Audio CD writer
ID3v2 tag support
APL support
freedb masstagger

Is this the first fb2k build with ID3v2 support?

It has been there since a few RCs ago. But yes, 0.7 is the first build with full ID3v2 support I think.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #34
Whow, excellent build Peter *handing out the golden cup*

@lexor:
$tab(...) - ... gives you the length of the space between the colums -you can set it to zero or delete the $tab and insert some whitespaces (as much as you need) in the colums-content.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #35

Audio CD writer
ID3v2 tag support
APL support
freedb masstagger

Is this the first fb2k build with ID3v2 support?

It has been there since a few RCs ago. But yes, 0.7 is the first build with full ID3v2 support I think.

No. I heard that it's just a plug-in and you can't use IDv1 and APEv2 tags with it. So Replaygain info cant be included to files. So it is sugested to stay with APEv2 tags and perhaps IDv1 also. Correct if i'm wrong.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #36
My fiance likes it a lot better, especially since I only keep fb2k on our HTPC

I've found that most people, more specifically, newbies, tend to prefer the simple Win32 interface of fb2k. The people who knock fb2k's gui tend to be people who think it's not cool for applications to adhere to standards, or want the same boring media player core with some "new, interesting" skinning function that only ever really works partially, or is slow when it does work.

As for me, bah, I love that it uses Win32/MFC. Works with my themes without having to match using a skin, beautifully customizable, excellently developed...

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #37
As for me, bah, I love that it uses Win32/MFC. Works with my themes without having to match using a skin, beautifully customizable, excellently developed...

That is blasphemy what you've just said.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #38

Really?  I heard it uses .NET Forms and Java Swing too.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #39
Thanks to pointing me to the "full" full installer!!!  Don't know how I missed it the first time. Listening to some etree shorten files right now. So does Peter have a paypal account where we can make a contribution?
you will make mp3's for compatibility reasons.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #40
might give this new-fangled UI with the seekbar a try, but I still love the simple look of 0.6x and earlier and may very well stay with that. The eyecandy GUI (constant seekbar, visual buttons to press, etc) in winamp is one of the things that turns me off  about it.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #41
Thanks to all the developer/s of foobar2000!

All I can say I like conveniences and thats what foobar 0.7 provides...

Laters

AgentMil
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #42
That is blasphemy what you've just said.

No MFC? Sorry, then... *cringes* I made a bad assumption. Bad Canar... *hides*

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #43
No. I heard that it's just a plug-in and you can't use IDv1 and APEv2 tags with it. So Replaygain info cant be included to files. So it is sugested to stay with APEv2 tags and perhaps IDv1 also. Correct if i'm wrong.

Does this mean, that I no longer have a "delete ID3v2" function? 
It was my favourite one.
The  greatest  programming  project of all took six days;  on the seventh  day  the  programmer  rested.  We've been trying to debug the !@#$%&* thing ever since. Moral: design before you implement.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #44

Does this mean, that I no longer have a "delete ID3v2" function? 
It was my favourite one.

No, it's still there. Just checked. As askoff says its just a plugin and it is only included in the special installer.

EDIT: xxxxxxxxxx

EDIT2: Removed faulty comment.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #45
It's amazing how many people fail to notice "other supported types will be stripped from file" message above tag type dropdown list. Perhaps you should actually read what's written on standard inputs preferences page before spreading misinformation about id3v2 remover "not working" with full setup.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #46
Heh thats why I said foobar2000 has little conveniences here and there that makes dealing with audio files a breeze... you just gotta look and read carefully thats all

Regards
-=MusePack... Living Audio Compression=-

Honda - The Power of Dreams

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #47
might give this new-fangled UI with the seekbar a try, but I still love the simple look of 0.6x and earlier and may very well stay with that. The eyecandy GUI (constant seekbar, visual buttons to press, etc) in winamp is one of the things that turns me off  about it.

You can get rid of it if you don't like it.
But, have you actually looked at the new foobar2000 GUI?
It looks nothing like Winamp! 
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #48
I got mine set up with upNorth's format string and it officially kicks ass.

Foobar2000 0.7 is out!

Reply #49
Is this the first fb2k build with ID3v2 support? I was always under the impression that Peter would never support this tag format unless it resolved some serious standardization issues (which I haven't seen news of).

I was using Kode's ID3 plugin with the later version of .5 IIRC.  .7 is the first that included writeing info to it though.