Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Problem with tags on dsd files in wavpack (Read 4592 times) previous topic - next topic

Problem with tags on dsd files in wavpack

I recently updated the sacd decoder to version 1.1.3 https://sourceforge.net/projects/sacddecoder/files/ and Foobar no longer correctly displays the dsd tags on wavpack, in a nutshell it shows me the tags of the dsf file I had before creating the wv file, as often the iso contain wrong tags I edited them with a program that I use on Linux which is called kid3, I never had poroblemi, I always saw them correctly with Foobar, the problem started when I updated the sacd decoder to version 1.1.3, I don't know how it is that it makes me see the old tags of the dsf file but unfortunately it is so, if I reproduce the file with DeaDBeeF (the player I use on Ubuntu that finally added the support for wv / dsd files) the tags I see perfectly as I edited them with kid3 so I think the problem is due to this last version of the sacd decoder ...... someone finds the same problem and knows how to solve it? Or maybe present it to the author of the p lugin sacd decoder?
Thank you

Re: Problem with tags on dsd files in wavpack

Reply #1
Maybe you can change the order codecs are loaded... putting wv in front of sacd decoder, or the other way around, see if that works.
Error 404; signature server not available.

Reply #2
Thank you very much for the answer ...... At the moment I have first sacd and after wv in the codec order, I remember though that if I put wv first and sacd after the wv / dsd files are not read to me, I will try to see. ..... cmq this thing could change with my problem? Mine is a problem of displaying the tags and I don't understand how does it read the tag of the dsf file which then became wv ......... .

Reply #3
I did the test and it went as I feared, if I put wavpack in front of sacd the wv files containing the dsd are not read .......

Reply #4
Readme says:
Version 1.1.3 - Subsong indexing changed from 0-based to 1-based. Song infos need to be reloaded

Reply #5
I had read it but I don't understand what I should do, my library is updated every time Foobar starts, what else should I do?

Reply #6
Select all files that are decoded by foo_input_sacd  - Right click - Tagging - Reload info from file(s)

Reply #7
Nothing to do does not work if I reload the tag information ..... I have discovered, however, that if I put wavpack in the decoding window over sacd decoder the tags are read correctly but in the output module I can't use asio or wasapi then the file I have to necessarily send in pcm, if I put the sacd decoder after wavpack I can use asio or wasapi and in this case the file is seen as dsd but the tags are those of the old dsf file and not of the wv, all this is happening to me with the sacd decoder 1.1.3, I hope the author notices it because it didn't happen with the previous version, I don't know where to write to him to make it present, He writes in this forum?
Thank you

Reply #9
Will I try to write them hoping they will read but no one else finds this problem?

Reply #10
The bug was fixed by the author who released a version of the component and now everything is okay ...... good.