Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Can't Lock Panes ColumnsUI? (Read 467 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't Lock Panes ColumnsUI?

I recently upgraded to the x64 2.1 Foobar from an older version.  I'm using the latest version of ColumnsUI and I'm finding that when editing the layout, even if I have "locked" checked on every pane and splitter, it will still allow resizing of all the elements.  Is this broken, or is there something I'm missing that's needed for it to work?  Thanks for the help.

Re: Can't Lock Panes ColumnsUI?

Reply #1
Check under Preferences -> Display -> Columns UI -> Layout -> Misc tab, and see if "Allow resizing of locked panels" is checked or not.

Personally though, my approach has been to leave all my panels unlocked, and instead set the Divider width to 0, so everything is defacto locked, and because I think it looks better during casual use (ymmv.) Then I just change the width to 1 or 2 whenever I need to change something, then set it back to 0 again.

Re: Can't Lock Panes ColumnsUI?

Reply #2
Thanks... yes, you were right... it was that setting.  It's checked by default, but everything works the way I want it once it's un-checked.

My preference is to use the default UI, like I did in the previous versions of Foobar... but after 2.0 the playlist view with album art is very choppy when scrolling (almost like it isn't using hardware acceleration).  It used to scroll smoothly... so I switched to Columns and the playlist view is fine.