Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Saving audio files from Foobar 2000 (Read 3365 times) previous topic - next topic

Saving audio files from Foobar 2000

Sorry if this is a silly question...  I can see the files/play them in FB but cannot save them. Best is Right click-Convert-Quick Convert but after that I'm lost!. Asks for a Folder but then seems to want something else.
I also see flac and wav are marked N/A which may be why..    not sure..  very confusing !

Thanks for any help.

Re: Saving audio files from Foobar 2000

Reply #1
Highlight file, right click on file. File operations, Copy to, give it a destination folder, run.
cast out...

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply, but I'm still not quite here!  For a start how do I select the filetype  and although I selected just one track it copied the entire  wv archive. LOL that's what I already have, of course,  and want to convert, ideally to wavs or flacs.
Maybe FB can't do it..  a Google search said it would, I've since found a plug in for Adobe audition, so not critical anymore, but good to know,

Reply #3
First: saving file is not the same as changing its format. You ask for transcoding, not saving.

For transcoding you must have codecs to perform transcoding operation. And most probably this is what foobar asks you for, when you say "foobar wants something else". You should use package that is available here: http://www.foobar2000.org/encoderpack. In Upload section of this forum there are ready made config files for Converter (you should simply copy them to configuration directory (C:/Users/your PC username/AppData/Roaming/foobar2000/configuration), made by user eahm if I recall correctly.

Reply #4
Right,,  understood. Thanks.  I did try browsing to flac.exe but of course that wasn't what it wanted. I've located the configuration folder (there are 9 files there,  Core.cfg - the rest .dll.,cfg extension).  Unfortunately that link doesn't work. (404 not found) maybe it's been changed ?
Once that's found/installed is R-click- Convert  correct ?

Reply #5
My mistake - please remove the dot at the end:
http://www.foobar2000.org/encoderpack
Yes - when you will have converters pack installes, possibly you will be once again asked to provide path to flac exe, lame exe, etc, but you will simply point your foobar to right directory ( C:\Program Files (x86)\foobar2000\encoders ) and it will remember it for each format.
In Upload forum you can find converter.dll.cfg file, that can be placed into directory with Core.cfg - you will get there a lot of presets from one of the very active foobar forum users.

Reply #6
Cooking with gas now  :))
Loaded that exe, kept all defaults.. and easily made a flac and wav from the list.  No other prompts or browsing needed.
Thanks very much...   will take a look for converter.dll.cfg file.

Reply #7
Search results for: converter.dll.cfg
No results found
Any idea what page number in Uploads?   Or how to search ?   Thanks.

Reply #9
Thanks..   downloading.

Reply #10
Before you make the mistake everyone makes, foobar2000 needs to be closed before you overwrite that file.

You can use the official encoder pack or if you need the complete one just PM me, I have the full one on Dropbox but I can't link it here because of all the proprietary DLLs, encoders etc.