Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to decode XMA files in Foobar2000 (Read 2093 times) previous topic - next topic

How to decode XMA files in Foobar2000

I have been trying for years, to try to play and convert xma files in foobar2000, and i havent been able to do so.

I have followed all of the instructions i was given and downloaded multiple utilities to try to convert them to wav, but none of them have worked.

Can anyone help me?

Re: How to decode XMA files in Foobar2000

Reply #2
NO, it is rather from Xbox 360. I doubt it is possible - at least not for all files. Looks like this enforces some DRM, available only when playing files on a console, from game files.

Reply #3
It is possible, using foo_input_vgmstream, which uses FFmpeg for the XMA decoding.

Reply #4
it doesnt work everytime i try to play them it says this message:

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file):
"C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Draminox\Desktop\convert\Just Dance - Disney Party (2012-10-23)(-)(Ubisoft)\02_04_SHORTLOOP.xma"

Reply #5
Could you upload short XMA sample that does not work for you somewhere?

Reply #6
I found the set on joshw vgm archive, I'll check it out. And report it to bnnm.

Reply #7
It seems like every XMA file that i try to play has issues in foobar, but i dont have any problems with xwb files.