Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_softplaylists (Read 243381 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_softplaylists

Reply #50
I've already seen a position where this could happen.
How should I use the in_metadb_sync objects?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #51
For example, instead of this:
Code: [Select]
handle->metadb_lock();
// Call some handle->*_locked() methods or whatever
handle->metadb_unlock();
Do this:
{
  in_metadb_sync_fromhandle lock(handle);
  // Call some handle->*_locked() methods or whatever
}
See SDK/metadb.h for others - [font= "Courier New"]in_metadb_sync[/font] instantiates [font= "Courier New"]metadb[/font] (for access to the lock/unlock methods) itself internally, [font= "Courier New"]in_metadb_sync_fromptr[/font] uses an external pointer (for contexts where it's already available).
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #52
New version:
Soft Playlists 2009-12-01

-Added: Last.fm Love Track command (enter Last.fm password in configuration)
-Changed: Fixed some bugs
-Changed: Optimized some code

foo_softplaylists

Reply #54
works great, thank you

don't want to spoil the party, but when I press abort if component is parsing last.fm - it just stays locked that way until I exit foobar. does it happens at yours foobar also?

[edit] well it just doesn't abort, it's not locked
if I limit users to 50, and press abort, then it waits for all download to finish - that's all

foo_softplaylists

Reply #55
I actually didn't do anything special yet for the abort function. Haven't figured it out yet how to correctly implement it.
I think now it just tries to finish the command, without actually aborting, no?
Just update the XSPF load code, should be much faster for 10000+ playlists.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #56
yes, I'm on restricted 10 KB/s for couple of hours, that's why I noticed
I'll play now with XSPF

foo_softplaylists

Reply #57
Does the love track feature work for you?
It should normally write
foo_softplaylists: successfully loved Event Horizon They Waited by Christ.
on the console if it worked.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #58
yeah, works fine - this is my first loved track, I never used such function

foo_softplaylists

Reply #59
Then there will finally be something in your playlist when you do User Loved Tracks

foo_softplaylists

Reply #60
+ your component will make me scrobble again, after I stopped as last.fm radio stopped working for me

foo_softplaylists

Reply #61
THANK YOU!

foo_softplaylists

Reply #62
Thanks a ton

foo_softplaylists

Reply #64
this is pretty cool. but i have a little problem...

if you try and love a track with an "&" in it, it fails. console message-

foo_softplaylists: failed to love Son & Moon by Cortney Tidwell

foo_softplaylists

Reply #65
-Added: Last.fm Love Track command (enter Last.fm password in configuration)

WOW, brilliant!
Two things tho:
- would it be possible to somehow synchronize love tracks from last.fm with tags (for the moment one can't know if the track is already marked, I solved it by retrieving my love tracks and tagging it and then adding separate column, but something more automatic would be nice  )
- using new menu would be nice, at the moment context commands are in "Legacy commands" category.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #66
if you try and love a track with an "&" in it, it fails. console message-

Will check it out.
- using new menu would be nice, at the moment context commands are in "Legacy commands" category.

Can't do anything about that now, must wait for new SDK.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #67
Thank you for "love track" feature, works great!
If you add support for generating playlist based on last.fm tags, this will be my favorite foobar component
Disregard the constabulary.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #68

Can't do anything about that now, must wait for new SDK.

Hmm... weird. I have some plugins (i.e. last.fm radio or foo_uie_tagger_mod) that put commands in context menu outside Legacy group. I just thought it was already possible, therefore the suggestion. Sorry if I made wrong assumption.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #69
There are fallbacks for some of the common group names, so that at least some of the non-updated components don't not end up in the Legacy group. If one context menu service doens't return multiple different default paths, that is. Or provide dynamic submenus, I think.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #70
- would it be possible to somehow synchronize love tracks from last.fm with tags (for the moment one can't know if the track is already marked, I solved it by retrieving my love tracks and tagging it and then adding separate column, but something more automatic would be nice  )

Great suggestion. Something like a simple masstagger script to tag each track with "loved track" would be sufficient enough, unless anyone else has any suggestions.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #71
for anybody that uses columns UI, i've made a WSH panel mod button that can "love" a track and also tag the file at the same time.

download (includes WSH panel mod + images) - http://cid-649d3bfeaf541fbb.skydrive.live....oobar/loved.zip

extract contents into foobar directory. add a WSH panel to your layout. now right click it and choose "Configure". use the text from "code.txt" to replace the existing contents. it should work straight away but check the comments at the top for settings you might want to change.

when playing, it works on the "now playing" item and when playback is stopped, you can use it to love/tag the selected item.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #72

Great suggestion. Something like a simple masstagger script to tag each track with "loved track" would be sufficient enough, unless anyone else has any suggestions.

ACtually the lastfm api can tell you if a track is loved (track.getInfo)
So one thing we could do is do something like what biography_view does, which is add a temp tag to the playing song with the flag for loved. That way we could now if the playing track is already loved.
After that we could imagine a masstag script to do so  as a permanent tag.

What do you think JohanDeBock?

On something else, i dont know if you saw my last comment in audioscrobbler thread but i feel today like we have too much lastfm related plugins(lastfm_radio, biography_view and softplaylists), and that maybe, if all dev would agree, they should be combined in one ULTIME plugin. What do you think?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #73
On something else, i dont know if you saw my last comment in audioscrobbler thread but i feel today like we have too much lastfm related plugins(lastfm_radio, biography_view and softplaylists), and that maybe, if all dev would agree, they should be combined in one ULTIME plugin. What do you think?

I totally agree. I would love to have one plugin that grabs all kinds of data from last.fm and puts it into custom taggin fields or temporary fields. I currently use biography_view to show similar artists and last.fm playcount, and make playlists with soft_playlists. I would love to hear the opinion of some component developers .

foo_softplaylists

Reply #74
foo_softplaylists: failed to love Son & Moon by Cortney Tidwell

This is already fixed, but not released yet.
Also trying to solve problems with special characters like in "Röyksopp".
I can already correctly get the top tracks of Röyksopp", but not love any tracks of Röyksopp".
I'm sending the parameters utf8 encoded like they should be, but it still doesn't work.