Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_softplaylists (Read 243320 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_softplaylists

Reply #101
Could you add playlists generated from the overall top tracks, hyped tracks,loved tracks. Obviously some people may not have any of these tracks but I think it could be useful for people with a lot of pop music.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #102
i don't know if you looked at the link i posted in my PM last night but this is really bugging me why my script should cause your component to fail. this is the only relevant part of my script....

Code: [Select]
var username = "marc2003";
var api_key = "my_api_key";
var artist = fb.TitleFormat("$replace(%artist%,&,'%'26)").EvalWithMetadb(g_metadb);
var track = fb.TitleFormat("$replace(%title%,&,'%'26)").EvalWithMetadb(g_metadb);
var url = unescape(encodeURIComponent("http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=track.getinfo&api_key=" + api_key + "&username=" + username + "&artist=" + artist + "&track=" + track));
xhttp = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP");
xhttp.open("GET",url,false);
xhttp.send();

i don't think there is anything i can change?

i looked at the server response when your component fails to love a track after my script runs and it says this...

POST /2.0/?method=track.love&track=Come%20To%20Me&artist=Bj.rk&api_key=REMOVED&api_sig=REMOVED&sk=REMOVED HTTP/1.1

User-Agent: foo_softplaylists

Host: ws.audioscrobbler.com

Content-Length: 0

Cache-Control: no-cache

HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden

Date: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 08:23:35 GMT

Server: Apache/1.3.39 (Unix)

X-Proxy-Fix-Up: headers fixed up

X-Web-Node: www185

Connection: close

Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<lfm status="failed">
<error code="13">Invalid method signature supplied</error></lfm>

the server responses for my script all work as expected. just to be clear - this only happens when the artist or title has special characters in - very strange. i fully understand if you don't have time to look into this - afterall your component works perfectly when my script isn't running. but i'd really like to run the 2 side by side if i can.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #103
Hey Johan, could you briefly explain what the Recursion Limite does?

When set to default 0, it just lists the similar tracks.
When set to 1, it lists the tracks similar to the similar tracks together with the similar tracks...
And so on...
So don't set it too high.

For next version I will put a global track limit for all the playlists, this will make it impossible for a certain request to keep running endlessly when putting some parameter too high.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #104
I just tried with recursion of 2 and 20 feed limit... Took too long .

I love similar tracks with recursion of 1 and feed 10 though.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #105
the server responses for my script all work as expected. just to be clear - this only happens when the artist or title has special characters in - very strange. i fully understand if you don't have time to look into this - afterall your component works perfectly when my script isn't running. but i'd really like to run the 2 side by side if i can.
At the moment I can't really see what the problem could be. Maybe some more experienced dev can shed a light on this?
Maybe it has omething to do with the connections to or the service provided by Last.fm.
The really strange thing is that it only happen for special chars.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #106
ah well not to worry. i can live with it. i'll just use the website to love tracks with special chars in.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #107
this only happens when the artist or title has special characters. your component works perfectly when my script isn't running.
At the moment I can't really see what the problem could be. Maybe it has omething to do with the connections to or the service provided by Last.fm. The really strange thing is that it only happen for special chars.
Well, I don't know anything about the Last.fm API, however Googling reveals that "Invalid method signature supplied" is returned when the api_sig doesn't match the data. Perhaps another charset conversion issue somewhere, like the MD5 sum is calculated on something else than what the server sees and validates it against? Hard to guess why it would be affected by some unrelated script, but it would at least make sense that it happens only on tracks with extended characters.

marc2003, you might want to provide the packet capture in the raw binary format, so that Johan could at least look if the request was sent in proper UTF-8, the signature matches and it's some problem on Last.fm's side, or if it really is not a valid signature for the request and there is some weird bug in the component. But I understand you are sensitive about your API key and stuff.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #108
New version:
Soft Playlists 2009-12-04
-Added: possibility to output unmatched track info to console
-Added: aborting code, possibly time consuming tasks can be aborted now
-Changed: various strings cleanup

foo_softplaylists

Reply #109
marc2003, you might want to provide the packet capture in the raw binary format

i had another look at this and it is the encoding.....

successful action....

POST /2.0/?method=track.love&track=Unison&artist=Bj..rk

unsuccesful action

POST /2.0/?method=track.love&track=Unison&artist=Bj.rk

and as the api_sig is the same in both cases, that would explain why one fails. but it's still no clearer why it's affected by my script. all this stuff really is way over my head. i'm no programmer.

@Johan, i'm trying to write my own "love" track feature in javascript but i'm falling over at the last hurdle. i've succesfully managed to create a valid api_sig so i can retrieve a session key but i can't create a valid one to love a track. is there anything obviously wrong with what i'm doing? i'm getting the same error 13 as above.

var api_sig = md5("api_key" + api_key + "artist" + artist + "methodtrack.lovesk" + sk + "track" + track + secret);
var url = "http://ws.audioscrobbler.com/2.0/?method=track.love&track=" + track + "&artist=" + artist +  "&api_key=" + api_key + "&api_sig=" + api_sig + "&sk=" + sk;

foo_softplaylists

Reply #110
Yes this indeed shows why the signature didn't match, and indeed we still don't know why they influence eachother.
For some reason the data is sended non UTF encoded and then it fails. But why does it do that?

About your code:
Seems to be ok.
Is your sk ok?
Are you doing a http POST?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #111
i'm making some slight progress. earlier on i was using the javascript function encodeURIComponent on track.getinfo feeds and it was working perfectly. so i stupidly assumed i could use encodeURIComponent on track.love too but i'm completely wrong. removing this function allows my api_sig to check out ok and i can even love tracks - but only plain text ones. i'm back to square one if they have special characters. 

foo_softplaylists

Reply #112
For some reason the data is sended non UTF encoded and then it fails. But why does it do that?
Obviously it's the XMLHTTP ActiveX object doing something weird with the WinInet API, because it affects whole process and not just its own HINTERNET. However you can specify that you are always going to push the host/path/query data in UTF-8, and you don't want anyone meddling with it, using the following code:
  DWORD value = CP_UTF8;
  InternetSetOptionA(hInternet, INTERNET_OPTION_CODEPAGE, &value, sizeof(value));
  InternetSetOptionA(hInternet, INTERNET_OPTION_CODEPAGE_PATH, &value, sizeof(value));
  InternetSetOptionA(hInternet, INTERNET_OPTION_CODEPAGE_EXTRA, &value, sizeof(value));
It makes the encoding problem go away, at least here on Win7/x64.
Note you probably shouldn't be very strict in checking the return values here (well not that your current code does...), because according to MSDN, there are some limitations for those flags:
Windows XP with SP2 and Windows Server 2003 with SP1:  This flag is not supported.
Version: Requires Internet Explorer 7.0.

Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #113
Ok, thanks for hopefully clearing this out!
Will try the changes for next version.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #115
yup, working fine. many thanks for your efforts.

it's now running it complete harmony with my script. using WSH panel mod i've created a button that runs your component and then immediately queries the track.getinfo service to pull the playback stats and "loved" status and writes it to my file tags. 

foo_softplaylists

Reply #116
^ that is a very nicely designed UI, IMO

foo_softplaylists

Reply #117
yup, working fine. many thanks for your efforts.

it's now running it complete harmony with my script. using WSH panel mod i've created a button that runs your component and then immediately queries the track.getinfo service to pull the playback stats and "loved" status and writes it to my file tags. 

foo_softplaylists

Reply #118
nope. wsh panel mod is columns UI only. you can easily run it with a standard columns layout though. it doesn't have to use PSS/el_playlist like i'm using.

foo_softplaylists

Reply #119
For the next version, can you add an option to include the original track from which a similar songs playlist is generated?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #120
nope.

i've changed my mind. it is possible using foo_dockable_panels. i've tested it and it works fine. i'll post up a "how to" when i can be bothered. (sorry Johan for all this off-topic talk )

screenshot
(note the little panel in the bottom right corner)

foo_softplaylists

Reply #123
Sorry for off top. Is there software to generate XSPF playlists from Last.fm?

foo_softplaylists

Reply #124
No idea, I know they provide XSPF playlists as an alternative for some feeds.
Maybe I can include a special Last.fm -> XSPF submenu in future plugins with the same fucntion but for  Last.fm -> XSPF playlist instead of  Last.fm -> foobar library based playlist.