Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mp3PRO ACM? (Read 4787 times) previous topic - next topic

mp3PRO ACM?

Hi there!
I'm just interesting is there any chance to have [in future maybe]
some ACM decoder for mp3pro?
That's why... I've encoded some stuff with Nero in mp3pro but WMP shows like it's in half of real sampling frequency [48kHz becomes 24, 44k -> 22k...] I've tried to encode audio tracks with mp3pro and put them into avi files [music videos].
I didn't actualy get does WMP realy plays mp3pro content on half freq or just indicates so.
So does someone developing such thing or have in plans? Did anyone hear something about?
Peace.

mp3PRO ACM?

Reply #1
Originally posted by ak
Hi there!
I'm just interesting is there any chance to have [in future maybe]
some ACM decoder for mp3pro?
That's why... I've encoded some stuff with Nero in mp3pro but WMP shows like it's in half of real sampling frequency [48kHz becomes 24, 44k -> 22k...] I've tried to encode audio tracks with mp3pro and put them into avi files [music videos].
I didn't actualy get does WMP realy plays mp3pro content on half freq or just indicates so.
So does someone developing such thing or have in plans? Did anyone hear something about?
Peace.

MP3Pro files are actually MP3 files at half the rate + some proprietary extensions. WMP is playing the MP3 parts.

--
GCP

mp3PRO ACM?

Reply #2
mp3PRO throws out alot of high-frequency information, and leaves some indicators in the bitstream that let it 'rederive' the missing information on decode. Since WMP doesn't include that functionality, all you're going to hear is the raw mp3 data.