Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to show tracks only without rating? (Read 1554 times) previous topic - next topic

How to show tracks only without rating?

Hello!
How to show tracks only without rating?
I have tried "NOT %rating% HAS 0" but it is not work/

Re: How to show tracks only without rating?

Reply #1
NOT rating PRESENT
if you want to see files without rating tag

Reply #2
Thanks. Sorry, my mistake. I have tried but it not work for me

I have use "rating (database)" I want to see all tracks only without stars (rating).

Reply #3
This also works:
Code: [Select]
%rating% MISSING

In case you are using the playback statistics component (foo_playcount) and it seemingly still doesn't work you can also try this:
"$meta(rating)" MISSING

Reply #4
This also works:
%rating% MISSING

In case you are using the playback statistics component (foo_playcount) and it seemingly still doesn't work you can also try this:
"$meta(rating)" MISSING

Big thanks. It is work.

Reply #5
I've been using
%rating% EQUAL 0
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?  ;~)

Reply #6
^ The potential problem with that is that it will show both tracks without a RATING field (therefore evaluating 0) and tracks that are actually tagged with RATING=0. Guess most people don't use the latter in this case, though.

Reply #7
^ The potential problem with that is that it will show both tracks without a RATING field (therefore evaluating 0) and tracks that are actually tagged with RATING=0. Guess most people don't use the latter in this case, though.
With all due respect, is that really a relevant distinction? Besides, if you look at the original post, it appears that listing unrated songs was the objective.

Reply #8
With all due respect, is that really a relevant distinction? Besides, if you look at the original post, it appears that listing unrated songs was the objective.
Again, with all due respect, that distinction is exactly what I had assumed that the original post cared about.  In my mind (and my library) there's definitely a distinction between an unrated track and a track rated 0.

Reply #9
Surely nobody rates their track with a zero? You can't do it with playback statistics, you can't do it with playlists that have clickable ratings columns so the only way it's possible is with foo_quicktag. Also, the only way you could view it would be by showing ratings as a numeric value rather than stars. :/

Reply #10
I don't use ratings with stars, and I set ratings to 0 by hand to indicate a worthless track.  For me this started with earlier players but I keep doing it.

Reply #11
To each to their own, I guess.

I don't use stars (they can take up a lot of space that I would like to utilize in other ways) and for that matter neither ratings in the classical sense (I essentially only love/ban tracks manually and use a dynamic rating algorithm based on playcount/track length/last played etc). I also find using hotkeys to be more convenient than clicking on stars embedded in playlists (and more fool proof as well against random clicks).

But if I were to use it, RATING=1 to me personally would refer to something that I feel really lowly about but would still tolerate should it turn up here and there (something approaching but not quite zero). While RATING=0 is a major candidate for outright banning something whose worth is - you might've guessed - zero. For me those numbers are more natural given the meaning they will carry on and the meanings they already have in other things (mostly mathematics). But obviously there's nothing wrong with using 1-5 given the meaning of each number is different for you in the context of track ratings.

But none of this is really important, everyone can use whatever works for them. The reason I felt pointing out what I did is because 1) to the way OP phrased his question that seemed the most technically correct and false positive-safe solution 2) others may choose to reuse the code in other situations where 'tag missing' and 'tag=0' might not lead to the exact same results.

Reply #12
Can anyone demonstrate to me the effective difference between a song with no (zero) rating and one that has no rating field? I assume that when a rating field is created / added. it's added with a value of zero, so personally, I fail to see how useful a query is, that returns only songs with no rating field. Just sayin ... ;~)

Now, if a zero rating was tied to foo_skip or something ...

Reply #13
I assume that when a rating field is created / added.

Clearly as indicated in this thread since some (most) people don't use 0 rating you can't assume that. Difference? There is none effectively as I know it. But your query requires a zero rating while Daeron's doesn't. Also, as mentioned before, yours wouldn't work as an answer to OP's question and this thread has been going a bit off the rails on a subject that's got less to do with OP's question and  is more about personal preference on how one rates tracks.

Reply #14
Clearly as indicated in this thread since some (most) people don't use 0 rating you can't assume that. Difference? There is none effectively as I know it. But your query requires a zero rating while Daeron's doesn't. Also, as mentioned before, yours wouldn't work as an answer to OP's question and this thread has been going a bit off the rails on a subject that's got less to do with OP's question and  is more about personal preference on how one rates tracks.
Sorry to disagree however, if someone is querying ratings, they would have implemented them. Would there be any difference in the results returned in either regard anyways? I also have to question your conclusion of the original posters intent, perhaps they would personally make that more clear if it's important.

As to your thread focus comment, I'm only interested in whether there is a functional difference between these queries and nothing more.

Reply #15
Then start your own thread, this is getting totally off track and not to mention ridiculous. Your answer for OP was wrong, you're now just fishing for people to agree to your preference of rating and displaying tracks. End of story, quit wasting people's time here.

Reply #16
Then start your own thread, this is getting totally off track and not to mention ridiculous. Your answer for OP was wrong, you're now just fishing for people to agree to your preference of rating and displaying tracks. End of story, quit wasting people's time here.
Sorry, but I disagree.

Reply #17
Since you felt the need to message me personally about my comments on this thread to you suggesting I would somehow have "a problem" with you and then blocked me from replying to you personally I will just message you back here for all to see:

If you take issue with such a meaningless subject you feel the need to message me personally about it then it would seem you are the one with a problem. Don't bother me with useless drivel anymore.

Can a moderator intervene here, this seems to borderline trolling at this point.