Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Find all windows pertaining to a given ui element subclass (Read 5362 times) previous topic - next topic

Find all windows pertaining to a given ui element subclass

For instance, I'd like to find all playlist renderers windows given this GUID
ui_element_subclass_playlist_renderers = { 0x3c4c68a0, 0xfc5, 0x400a, { 0xa3, 0x4a, 0x2e, 0x3a, 0xae, 0x6e, 0x90, 0x76 } })

Thanks for your support

Reply #1
As far as I know that is not possible. What are you trying to achieve? Perhaps there is another way.

Reply #2
I'm just trying to find a playlist renderer window, invoke request_activation to make it visible (if for instance it is in a tab) and set focus to that window.

Reply #3
I'm trying to achieve the same thing. Have you found a work-around for this?

(Actually I'm trying to show a certain item on a certain playlist)

Reply #5
@foosion

I have, and originally I thought that would do the trick. However, it does not
1) change the active playlist nor does it  (easily fixable by playlist_manager::set_active_playlist)
2) make the ui component visible (for example when the playlist is in a tab that is not currently selected)
3) set focus to the playlist ui element

I have yet to determine how to fix points (2) and (3).

Basically what I want to achieve is the same thing that happens when you double click the status bar and get the currently playing song, but obviously I want to choose what playlist and item to focus.

Reply #6
for 2) &  3) I would have used request_activation but you have to find a pointer to (ui__element__instance) a playlist renderer (there could be several), which was the purpose of my question.

Reply #7
Wrong post ... sorry. Please delete