Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Traktor 3.4 and Numark Total Control (Read 3258 times) previous topic - next topic

Traktor 3.4 and Numark Total Control

I posted this at digital.dj as well but thought there might be some knowledgeable digital DJs at Hydrogen that could help me out as well...... (and this does fall under audio equipment!)

I am having 3 issues with my digital set-up and was hoping someone could help me out. My equipment is:

Traktor 3.4
Numark Total Control
M-Audio MobilePre USB (preamp with 2 channels)
Bose Companion 3 computer speakers
MacBook Pro with OSX 10.4 and Intel High Definiton Audio sound card
Headphones

Issue #1
The same sound plays out of the speakers and the headphones. Of course I want the song playing to come out of the speakers and the song I am cueing for the mix to come out of the headphones. I have tried various configurations and cannot seem to get this to work. I have tried it with and without my M-Audio preamp engaged. I am sure I am just doing something wrong as I have all the necessary equipment to make this work. The M-Audio pre-amp should be able to send 1 deck to the main speakers and the other to the headphones right?

Issue #2
I cannot find the PH Mix and PH Vol for the Numark Total Control on the MIDI setup in Traktor 3.4. I really wan to map these knobs as they are hard to use on the MAC!!!!

Issue #3
What should I map to the jog wheels on the Numark Total Control? Pitch cntrol? Scratching? Given your suggestion, here do I find it on the MIDI setup?

Any help is greatly appreciated!!! I'm having fun with Traktor and Numark but am hardly using all its capable of due to these issues!!!