Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Ubuntu; CUI] Item details panel: Field values that are too long are truncated (Read 444 times) previous topic - next topic

[Ubuntu; CUI] Item details panel: Field values that are too long are truncated

Hello everyone,

First of all, I hope I'm in the correct section, sorry if I'm not. I spent the all day searching for a solution to this particular issue without success.

I'm switching from Windows to Ubuntu. I managed to get the same configuration as it was on Windows, except for one thing: on Windows, in the "Item details" panel (I use Columns UI), long field values (artist, song title, album name...) were automatically (at least I think automatically) on multiple lines. On Ubuntu, a value too long stays on one single line, so you can't read the whole text. I used the exact same script. Both horizontal and vertical alignement are centered.

Two screenshots are available in this post.

Foobar2000 version v2.1.2 [x86]. [WINE]
Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

I used Foobar2000 version 1.6.6 on Windows 10. Worked also fine on Windows 7.

Quote from: Item details panel script
$rgb(241,206,10)$set_font(%default_font_face%,$add(%default_font_size%,4),)[%artist%][$crlf()[$rgb(215,113,11)%performer%]][ dir. [%conductor%][, %chorus%][ dir. [%chorusmaster%]]][$set_font(%default_font_face%,$add(%default_font_size%,2);)$rgb(106,115,18)$crlf()[%SECTIONTITLE%$crlf()]]$set_font(%default_font_face%,$add(%default_font_size%,4),italic;)$rgb(193,85,113)[%title%]$set_font(%default_font_face%,$add(%default_font_size%,4),)$crlf()$set_font(%default_font_face%,$add(%default_font_size%,4),)$rgb(140,130,236)[%album%][$set_font(%default_font_face%,$add(%default_font_size%,2),)$rgb(239,197,250)[$crlf()%DISCSUBTITLE%]]$crlf()$set_font(%default_font_face%,$add(%default_font_size%,4),)$rgb(137,192,97)[%date%] / [%PUBLISHER%][

Thanks in advance for any help!

Re: [Ubuntu; CUI] Item details panel: Field values that are too long are truncated

Reply #1
I can reproduce that.

Since it works in Windows, it's probably a bug in Wine. Word wrapping relies on knowing the horizontal positioning of each character, while centring horizontally relies only on the total width of the line, so the latter can mostly work even if there's a problem with the character position data.

I'd suggest reporting a bug at https://bugs.winehq.org/. (Item details uses the Uniscribe API for text rendering, which is usp10 in the list of Wine components.)

Edit: If you use the 32-bit version of foobar2000 in a 32-bit Wine prefix, you can use winetricks usp10 to install a native version of Uniscribe that doesn't have the problem (though it's possible other problems could result).

Re: [Ubuntu; CUI] Item details panel: Field values that are too long are truncated

Reply #2
Edit: If you use the 32-bit version of foobar2000 in a 32-bit Wine prefix, you can use winetricks usp10 to install a native version of Uniscribe that doesn't have the problem (though it's possible other problems could result).

I'll look into this, thanks!