Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ID3 remover for Mac? (Read 6805 times) previous topic - next topic

ID3 remover for Mac?

Hi everyone,

I just bought an iMac and I want to re-organize all my mp3s for it. I used to use a program called ID3killer for my PC but they don't have that for Mac. Any suggestions?

Thanks 

ID3 remover for Mac?

Reply #1
I just bought an iMac and I want to re-organize all my mp3s for it.

Not quite sure what you'd mean by "re-organize". In general, I find iTunes is fine for tagging and it will organize the collection for you, if you want that.

If you need more in terms of tagging and organizing than you can find in iTunes, then you might try Media Rage from Chaotic Software. There is a trial period, so you could see if it does what you want:

http://www.chaoticsoftware.com/ProductPages/MediaRage.html

ID3 remover for Mac?

Reply #2
Does iTunes remove all the id tags?

ID3 remover for Mac?

Reply #3
Bump

ID3 remover for Mac?

Reply #4
why is removing the tags that important for you?

ID3 remover for Mac?

Reply #6
i think it is... because you could easily alter the tags! do you want to remove the tags or do you want to empty all tag-fileds?

ID3 remover for Mac?

Reply #8
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ost&id=3454

maye this is something that helps... highlight the files within the mediabrowser of itunes and right-klick... "convert ID3-Tags"

this will /hopefully/ remove id3-tags... but I guess you are thinking of stripping all meta-data off a file... hm... maybe u could try mediarage!

ID3 remover for Mac?

Reply #9
If you simply want to eliminate all ID3v2 data to "clean" the mp3 of excess data, but you don't mind if the ID3v1 tags stay, then you can just use Itunes. Select all the tracks and convert the ID3 version to 1.1.

I use a PC to run TidyMP3 on files before I import them into Itunes, so as to get rid of all the garbage from whatever random tag program was used previously. I use the /p option to keep the ID3v1 tag, so I have something to work with, but the ID3v2 tag (and anything else that isn't LAME or MP3 data) is removed. I then import the files into Itunes.

I have no use for ID3v1 tags, so I immediately convert them all to ID3v2.4 (which, in Itunes, removes the ID3v1 tag as well) and make any changes I wish.
Who controls the past controls the future: who controls the present controls the past

ID3 remover for Mac?

Reply #10
You can try the free ID3Cleanup from the folks over at MusicIP.  You can find it here.