Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Any difference between official flac 1.1.4 and that from RareWares? (Read 7982 times) previous topic - next topic

Any difference between official flac 1.1.4 and that from RareWares?

Before I spent some time comparing flac 1.1.4 from sourceforge and flac 1.1.4 from RareWares I would like to know if there are or should be any differences? On older flac versions the RareWares compiles used to be faster (on Pentium 4) but now there's no mention of it and couldn't find any post about it on HA.

Thx in advance.

Reply #1
I doubt whether there is any difference at all. In fact, both compiles are almost the same size.

@john33: Is there any chance that you could make SSE2 compile for FLAC 1.1.4? There was quite a speed improvement with the FLAC 1.1.3 version created by gharris999 last month.
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"

Reply #2
I doubt whether there is any difference at all. In fact, both compiles are almost the same size.

@john33: Is there any chance that you could make SSE2 compile for FLAC 1.1.4? There was quite a speed improvement with the FLAC 1.1.3 version created by gharris999 last month.

Probably!!  But, I'm afraid it will have to wait until next weekend as I'm away, in France, all week.

Reply #3
Thank you, John! 
Surf's Up!
"Columnated Ruins Domino"