Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MathAudio Headphone EQ for Foobar2000 (Read 22781 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: MathAudio Headphone EQ for Foobar2000

Reply #50
I'm not talking about .hdp.
talking about "DSP chain presets".
Preferences > Playback > DSP Manager > DSP chain presets (*.fb2k-dsp)

Please Test with v1.4.7 DSP chain presets (*.fb2k-dsp)(Mix in other DSP Components).
Please overwrite install v1.4.9

・v1.4.9: It seems that you need to create a new.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #51
I think that's what he's saying. So you save the headphone eq settings in v.1.4.7 as a hdp --> update to v.1.4.9 --> load the foobar dsp preset --> go into headphone eq settings --> load the hdp preset --> overwrite the foobar dsp preset

Reply #52
Must be created DSP chain presets (*.fb2k-dsp) new for each new version.
There is no meaning of DSP chain presets.
No point in backing up "foobar2000/profile/dsp-presets" folder.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #53
This is the first time that this is happening, so I'd say it's far from happening with every version. It's a good idea to have backups of your headphone eq settings in the native format anyway, which also works with the vst and au versions.

Reply #54
Of course, I have saved the .hdp file
So in v1.4.9 I created new DSP chain presets (*.fb2k-dsp).
Other DSP Components are also mixed.
v1.4.9 is not saved in DSP chain presets (*.fb2k-dsp).

Create a new, DSP chain presets (*.fb2k-dsp).

Reply #55
Sorry, I don't understand what your issue is. I just updated to 1.4.9 and did exactly what I wrote above and it worked, meaning that the fb2k-dsp files got updated and switching between them loads the correct headphone eq settings.

Reply #56
Output Question:  I use a DAC for my headphone use.  Is it possible to set up the EQ to run on one output device and not on another?  I use my speakers on an in ternal soundcard, and my HPs with a Chord DAC.

Reply #57
Output Question:  I use a DAC for my headphone use.  Is it possible to set up the EQ to run on one output device and not on another?  I use my speakers on an in ternal soundcard, and my HPs with a Chord DAC.
As far as I understand Foobar2000 allows you to automatically activate a specific DSP component if you switch to a specific output device (File-Preferences-Playback-Output-Devices).

Reply #58
As far as I understand Foobar2000 allows you to automatically activate a specific DSP component if you switch to a specific output device (File-Preferences-Playback-Output-Devices)
Foobar2000 allows you to automatically activate a specific DSP chain since version 2.0 only. In older versions this can be done with component foo_dynamicdsp - https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,108904.0.html , https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,96094.msg956094.html#msg956094

Reply #59
Could I get a copy of the previous 1.4.8?  My sighted son couldn't get 149 to load preset either.
Sorry and thanks.

Reply #60
Could I get a copy of the previous 1.4.8?  My sighted son couldn't get 149 to load preset either.
Sorry and thanks.
Yes, of course. You can download v1.4.8 from https://mathaudio.com/headphone_eq_148.zip
If you want to move from v1.4.8 to v1.4.9, simply use the "Save preset" button in v1.4.8, then use the "Load preset" button in v1.4.9.

Reply #61
Sorry and thanks.
Yes, of course. You can download v1.4.8 from https://mathaudio.com/headphone_eq_148.zip
If you want to move from v1.4.8 to v1.4.9, simply use the "Save preset" button in v1.4.8, then use the "Load preset" button in v1.4.9.
Thanks.  I'll try that.

Reply #62
When using this DSP in Converter and converting in multiple threads, resulting files contain audible clicks.

Reply #63
When using this DSP in Converter and converting in multiple threads, resulting files contain audible clicks.
I did not try the Converter, but Headphone EQ can be used to process 1 audio file in 1 thread or N audio files in N threads simultaneously. This is true for all audio EQ plug-ins, not only Headphone EQ. Audio buffers are not independent in equalizers, so any attempt to process different audio buffers of the same audio file in different threads may cause audio artifacts.

Reply #64
or N audio files in N threads simultaneously
This is what fb2k converter does when using multiple threads. And it leads to audible artifacts with MathAudio Headphone EQ DSP.